cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKSWnGjUySI
Constellation

Trade-in program question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am interested in pre-ordering the Note 9, and I want to trade in my Samsung Galaxy S7. I was wondering about if my phone would classify as cracked. On the screen, when I bought the phone, there is a hairline crack going up from the bottom right of the screen arcing to the middle, and unless the phone is under certain circumstances, the crack is almost invisible. I'm sure this is classified as cracked, but I was also wondering if I trade in this cracked phone, will the phone I receive be cracked? Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Trade-in program question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it will be processed as cracked screen phone, so count on that. And as for your second question, are you joking or what? No your new phone won't come cracked! When you select your trade in you should select a cracked screen phone, you will get a lower value for it, that's all. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it will be processed as cracked screen phone, so count on that. And as for your second question, are you joking or what? No your new phone won't come cracked! When you select your trade in you should select a cracked screen phone, you will get a lower value for it, that's all. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

View solution in original post

MsChoc37
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm laughing so hard. You said what.. are you joking 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. She is so funny 😂😂😂😂

userKSWnGjUySI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay haha sorry, it's just on the FAQ said "your trade-in device may have a crack in the screen" and I wasn't sure if trade in device meant the phone you trade in is allowed to have a crack in the screen, or the device you get for trading in may have a crack in the screen, but thank you!

Belaythatorder
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As long as it powers on and meets the other basic guidelines for qualification, you should have no problems unless there is some shaddiness a foot. I used the trade in Samsung Direct promo a year ago wherein I traded in my LG G4 for a sizable discount for the Note8 and it was processed with no problems. 

userQAZflAvwA4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKSWnGjUySI wrote:

I am interested in pre-ordering the Note 9, and I want to trade in my Samsung Galaxy S7. I was wondering about if my phone would classify as cracked. On the screen, when I bought the phone, there is a hairline crack going up from the bottom right of the screen arcing to the middle, and unless the phone is under certain circumstances, the crack is almost invisible. I'm sure this is classified as cracked, but I was also wondering if I trade in this cracked phone, will the phone I receive be cracked? Thanks in advance.

I purchased a Note 9 on 9/16/18 & received $200 in credit towards purchase despite having Edge 7 w/tiny cracks from lower L corner that continue just to the edge of the bar separating home screen button from main screen. A crack that enters the main visual field may well be disqualifying, BUT I was originally told my phone would not qualify...

Caveat: any credit is reduced by current "promo" for web TV that required a minimum $40/1 month subscription. Cancel that puppy the next day or ut will become an expen$ive recurring charge on your monthly bill. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wouldn't hold your breath. Samsung received my trade in on 8/28, yet they have still not confirmed my trade in. Similar to last year, I sent then my s7 for the note 8 , I never ever received any sort of confirmation that my s7 was accepted. Lack of communication is unreal.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well after this much time, I assumed no email about it not qualifying is pretty much just as good as an email confirming that it does. This is my secong trade in with Samsung too, and I never got any emails, as long as I didn't get a charge, I assumed everything is good. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same with my note 8 last year when I traded in my s7 didn't hear anything from samsung.

However this year, my wife's note 9 order is on hold still and won't be processed and shipped until they process and formally accept my note 8 trade in. It's been over three weeks now. (Sigh)

Highlighted
useryJwycGm8nI
Asteroid

S8+ trade in Note9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was wanting to trade in my S8+ for $400 off the Note9 and I was wondering if micro scratches, and one medium sized scratch would ruin the trade in value. I've read about the Samsung trade-ins being a scam but I'm not sure what to think. Any help or information would help.