cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comet

Re: S8+ trade in Note9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tough call really.  I was going to trade my note8 in but didn't for the same reasons. 

Read their fine print, if your phone doesnt meet their standards, then they'll only credit you $25 for it and not return it.  That's not worth the gamble for me.  I could sell it elsewhere for much more than that, if not the $400 they're offering but might not give me for it. 

useryJwycGm8nI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the advice. I was sketched out because I've heard they really *customers over. 

userBrh8oG9ebW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

DO NOT TRADE IT IN THRU SAMSUNG, VERY BAD REVIEWS,  TRADE IN THRU YOUR MOBILE PHONE PROVIDER

userLSfZURoxiG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I said I'm trading in my S8.  Now I'm having second thoughts.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've seen some complaints in the past, but nowhere near the claim that their trade in process is a total rip off. I'm sure they have thousands of people sending in phones for trade ins, and those few that has bad experience are a tiny percentage to worry about it too much. I personally traded in a TV for a new Samsung TV, and it worked fine. I'm trading in my Galaxy S9+.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userJf1tLjDoQ6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

and if you decide to return the Note 9, they will keep your trade phone AND they will not return the "trade in value" either.  So they effectively force you to keep your purchase.  They are treating the trade-in discount like a coupon code, not a valuable item used to offset their ridiculous retail pricing.

userL42YX8P2x5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just want to trade in this lemon Note 9 I preordered and have only been able to use for 1 week since August!

userL42YX8P2x5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJf1tLjDoQ6

Ridiculous pricing? You don't have to buy something you can't afford man. Samsung is not cheap, but it's still a decent value compared to some other top brands out there.

@userL42YX8P2x5

These phones come with warranty, right? Any reason not to exchange your "lemon"?

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userLSfZURoxiG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought I replied to this a couple months ago.  I ended up not doing the trade in.  I'll stick with my S8 a bit longer.