cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfbTFVRWLfi
Constellation

Trouble with USB port on galaxy S9

I installed the latest samsung galaxy 9 software version N960FXXU3CSF. Now my computer does not recognize the phone when I plug it into the usb port. It still is charging phone Okay

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Trouble with USB port on galaxy S9

Are you using the original cable that came with the device?

userfbTFVRWLfi
Constellation

I've tried using the original cable and a second one that I have been using with the special Samsung adapter. I've tried my wifes Motorola phone and it works with with the secong cable. The reason I'm suspecting something to do with the update is the Galaxy Note 9 just started giving me these warning about using the original charger. That I was going to have a slow charge using what I've been using instead of the Samsung original. It never issued this warning in the past and always charged OK. Rob

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience the same symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

userfbTFVRWLfi
Constellation

I booted up the device in "Safe Mode" and got the same results. I tried both usb cables with same results. The PC does not detect the Galaxy Note 9. I did notice when I went to setting and connections that the "Phone Visibility was "Off". I turned it on but it won't stay "On", resets back to "Off". It did go back to "On" after a regular reboot. I also observed that the phone will not reboot if plugged into usb port, all I get is a "Circle" with a lightning bolt which I assume indicated "Charge Mode". Unplug the usb and it boots up OK. Rob

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this a try: Pull down the notification bar and do you see a notification that says charging only: if you select that you should be able to choose transfer data

quixoticphantom
Constellation

Get a new cable and clean the USB c port on the phone.

Get a new cable and clean the USB c port on the phone.