cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Unable to Purchase Premium Care after Purchasing the Note9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called before receiving my preordered note 9 and asked about the premium care and was told I couldn't get premium care until I recieved the device because I had to take pictures of the phone in the mirror.. I called after I got the device to set it up and was told I had to enroll when I purchased the device or to send the device back and reorder it 🤨😶😳 (which I spent the last 2-3 days customizing everything and do NOT want to do that all over again so soon)... why wasn't that stated at the time of purchase and I don't even recall that option when ordering it.. I can't believe that it's so different to enroll at the time of purchase or 2-3 days after receiving the phone. I'm very disappointed in all of it.. 🤨😑😕😠😡

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Very upset with the note 9 premium care

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Natural_Beauty

@Natural_Beauty wrote:

Yeah but I'm wondering if I send it back and reorder it if they would just send back the one o have? If I can be guaranteed that and receive it right away then that's fine.. but I do NOT want to wait til October. They should really inform people at the time of purchase of this..  I am really not happy about this.. especially since the first lady I spoke with told me I had to wait for the the phone to come in to enroll in premium care.. 

No they will not send the same one, they're asking you to just return a phone, which I did with S9+ (for a different reason) and it took them over 3 weeks to refund the money. They're really not flexible with adding anything after the purchase. If you can do it, you can order a new one right way and just return the one you have, you will have to pay for the second phone right away and wait a little while for a refund for the returned device.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Natural_Beauty wrote:

I called before receiving my preordered note 9 and asked about the premium care and was told I couldn't get premium care until I recieves the device because I had to take pictures of the phone in the mirror.. I called after I got the device to set it up and was told I had to enroll when I purchased the device or to send the device back and reorder it 🤨😶😳 (which I spent the last top-three days customizing everything and do NOT want to do that all over again so soon)... why wasn't that stated at the time of purchase and I don't even recall that option when ordering it.. I can't believe that it's so different to enroll at the time of purchase or 2-3 days later.. I'm very disappointed in all of it.. 🤨😑😕😠😡

I feel your pain.  Really really do.  Unfortunately yeah, once you order it doesnt seem like you can go back and get that protection.  I did the same thing and canceled the order only to reorder.  Crazy too cause now even though I did get one of my 3 note9's yesterday and my wife's comes today, the one I really wanted for myself isnt scheduled to be shipped until October 12!!   Crazy eh...luckily I have one to keep me occupied until then   but yeah I canceled and reordered only to have to wait a month and a half for the same device.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah but I'm wondering if I send it back and reorder it if they would just send back the one o have? If I can be guaranteed that and receive it right away then that's fine.. but I do NOT want to wait til October. They should really inform people at the time of purchase of this..  I am really not happy about this.. especially since the first lady I spoke with told me I had to wait for the the phone to come in to enroll in premium care.. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Natural_Beauty I would recommend reaching out to our E-commerce department. They would be able to tell you about estimated shipping times for if you cancel / reorder. They can be reached 7 days a week 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM EST at 855-726-8721 or by email at ecomm08@sea.samsung.com. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree do not give up! Run it up the flag pole! This is stupid!

Owner of every single Note on the Sprint network. Upgrading this year to the Note 10+ 512 gb and the Samsung Watch Sprint LTE. Drooling over the Book2 maybe soon!
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

(Reply to josephinlcajon)

I have talked to multiple people and they all said there's nothing they could do.. I would have to return the phone and reorder another one.. but they are on back order and they can't give a time of when another will be available for me.. I've seen a few people say October (in other posts) and that's still not guaranteed, could be longer.. I can't wait that long.. my excitement for the phone has been overshadowed with this ordeal.. my excitement lasted 2 days.. I love the phone, don't get me wrong, it's just frustrating about how all this played out..

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Natural_Beauty

@Natural_Beauty wrote:

No they will not send the same one, they're asking you to just return a phone, which I did with S9+ (for a different reason) and it took them over 3 weeks to refund the money. They're really not flexible with adding anything after the purchase. If you can do it, you can order a new one right way and just return the one you have, you will have to pay for the second phone right away and wait a little while for a refund for the returned device.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I had called them and spoke with someone who told me that.. it's ridiculous to me how that is.. I'm not going through all that.. I will just keep the phone I have and hope nothing ever happens to it I guess.. I'm really ticked off about that 😡.. because the phone is so expensive and if something does happen to it and the warranty doesn't cover it or the warranty is up, I'm Just out $1300 (the 512 GB with tax)... I'm really not happy with how this happened.. even if I want to go through all that, the note 9 is on backorder and they can't say for sure how long it could take for me to get another... and I can't wait til October or even longer.. plus they told me I have 15 days after I receive the phone to return it.. I never have bad things to say about Samsung but this is wrong on their part.. 🤨😕😑😶😠 I'm done with it, I hope someone reads this before purchasing and gets the premium care before hand.. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG, so I decided to do the return of the phone and reorder another one and was told it would take 7-10 business days after they recieve the phone and process it (who knows how long that will take) for my return to come through. Which is how long I will have to wait to reorder the phone. Plus have to wait however long to receive the new one once it's ordered, which I hear can be weeks.. so I will have to buy a cheap phone to use in the process or try to find one to borrow from someone til I get mine.. as annoyingly frustrating as that is I am willing to do that.. BUT THEN HE TELLS ME, I have to return the free headphones I got with the promotion and they are no longer doing that promotion, so I'm not getting them back😡😕😠😑🤨😶!!! For all this trouble I should get to at the VERY LEAST KEEP the FREE headphones.. This WHOLE experience really is the worst.. I truly hope no one else has to go through this. Also I TRULY HOPE NOTHING else goes wrong for me in the future...😳😔😢😒😞🙁

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

at least you can get it I was told because I didn't buy my phone through Samsung themselves that they're not offering premium care for other users Sprint Verizon or T-Mobile you must get the phone through Samsung which I think is completely ridiculous cuz I don't want my insurance for my phone through Sprint I want it through Samsung premium care