cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMrBerryhill
Cosmic Ray

Unlocked Note 9 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My unlocked Note 9 US is still on the April security patch. I've checked manually and through SmartSwitch but no updates available. Is there something wrong with my device or there truly isn't an update?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Thank you for reaching out. Verizon told me that since it...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand, I recommend to continue to reach back out to Verizon. The carriers are responsible for releasing updates to their customers regardless of the device is unlocked or a carrier device.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unlocked Note 9 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to your current service provider regarding this. They will be able to push out updates for you.

birdMan7
Cosmic Ray

Re: Unlocked Note 9 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was just reading this discussion on the unlocked note 9 as I'm a disgruntled user as well! My carrier tmobile has always pushed out the monthly OTA's to my SM-N960U1 and they were doing it ahead of all the other carriers including Verizon! Now, since the April update that is CSD1,  there has been NO UPDATE And NO WORD OR MENTION OF AN UPDATE FROM SAMSUNG(SAMMOBILE) OR TMOBILE!! SERIOUSLY, DONT TREAT US LIKE NEWBIES/IDIOTS HERE, there's something wrong here, because of the non -mention! 

We deserve to know...we own the most expensive, fastest, handset that Samsung ever made, and yet we keep reading about these Non-flagship devices getting their June security patch/update during the month!? What is going on folks...we want answers, but more important, we demand to be treated fairly and demand to be included at once on the monthly security patch update schedule w/samsung!!

Let us hear from you on this topic!

Thank you.

TheMrBerryhill
Cosmic Ray

Thank you for reaching out. Verizon told me that since it...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Verizon told me that since it's factory unlocked and bought directly from Samsung to reach out to Samsung. I also use T-Mobile on this device too. My spouse has a factory unlocked Note 9 that is using Xfinity Mobile (Verizon MVNO) and that device too is stuck on the April security patch.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand, I recommend to continue to reach back out to Verizon. The carriers are responsible for releasing updates to their customers regardless of the device is unlocked or a carrier device.

userpYhl0xqFEw
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the opposite of what T-Mobile said about the unlocked Note 9 I bought from Samsung. Samsung is responsible for providing the security updates which Service Providers then push to their customers. There is no reason a service provider would risk losing customers by not providing the patch. Whereas Samsung seems to not be concerned about losing several hundred thousand disgruntled phone customers here and there because of their market saturation and diversity of products. Samsung also refuses to take responsibility for updating Smart Switch software for Mac computers. It seems they have not written a 64bit version of "Smart" Switch and I cannot get the 70Gb of back-up data back onto my Note 9 phone after it had to get a factory reset & the PIE update reloaded. It's the same problem that kept me from buying another Samsung after Kies had the same issue getting my data back onto my S4. I won't be buying anything from a company that doesn't value it's customers !

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Welcome to the #1 driver behind why Samsung won't make my next phone and my functioning S3 tablet is now on limited use in favor of a Dell Chromebook.

TheMrBerryhill
Cosmic Ray

Samsung just pushed the May security patch to my device....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung just pushed the May security patch to my device. I thought with OneUI we were supposed to get faster updates. I called Samsung and the representative confirmed what Verizon and Xfinity Mobile both told us that it is on Samsung's end to push out the security patches and updates to their unlocked devices. Additionally, unlocked devices bought directly from Samsung get the security patches and updates last. Again, I thought Samsung was supposed to change this update cycle with OneUI Smiley Sad

birdMan7
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung just pushed the May security patch to my device....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, I was told the exact same thing multiple times from my carrier tmobile!! I belong to a few of the popular techy-forums online, and it's crazy talk about Samsung and this huge cover-up conspiracy thing they've like painted themselves into a corner and since they dont do well in the customer care department anyway they just are fanning the flames(so to speak) because the conspiracy theorists have the floor now!!

I and several others agree on this there has ALWAYS been a communication breakdown w/this Electronics giant(S. Korean-based, halfway around the world from the USA)! It's a shame we can't somehow convince them to make us their corporate home, then once they relocate to our great country, we could teach them a lesson in corporate manners and our trade and economic principles!

Otherwise, if things don't change, they'll remain the same!(I'm done).

Samsung, get you're act together, because you're making alot of enemies over here in your largest market, the USA!

(your welcome)

birdMan7
Cosmic Ray

That simply just not true!! Us users of the factory unloc...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That simply just not true!! Us users of the factory unlocked note 9 here in the US when reaching out to Samsung support personnel we either get lied to are we getting misinformation! What we need are real answers because at least two of the major carriers here are still on April security patch, CSD1!! THIS IS A SAMSUNG ISSUE NOT A CARRIER ISSUE...WHAT ARE YOU NOT TELLING US?! DO YOU REALIZE AS THE LARGEST MARKET THAT SAMSUNG HOLDS(USA) IF WE ALL HOLD HANDS AND BOYCOTT YOUR NEW FLAGSHIPS, YOUR STOCK PRICES TANK AND ULTIMATELY YOU'LL BE FILING CHAPTER 11 TO STAY AFLOAT TILL YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED?! 2 MONTHS IS PAST NOW AND WE DEMAND TO KNOW WHAT'S UP... THERE ARE NON FLAGSHIP DEVICES HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD THAT ARE CURRENT (ON JUNE SECURITY PATCH)!!

GET US SOME REAL ANSWERS AND GET THEM QUICK!!

birdMan7