cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_hzvGvH0
Astronaut

Update

Anyone with a note 9 still not have the option to update to Android pie? Or the one ui thing? My phone still says I'm up to date

5 REPLIES 5
therivera1981
Astronaut

Re: Update

Might have to flash the update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SamsungZell wrote:

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Now, you could ask for the details and find out whether there will be any updates at all in this case. There are cases where people don't get them ever, as you surely now.

DJSTORMX
Halo

Is your phone carrier or factory unlocked?

Highlighted

@Samsung_hzvGvH0 wrote:

Anyone with a note 9 still not have the option to update to Android pie? Or the one ui thing? My phone still says I'm up to date

I think that @SamsungZell  misread your post.  Are you saying that you are still running on Oreo?  You haven't been updated to One UI?  Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > and tell us what the last 4 characters of the Baseband Version are.  As was said, updates are released to the Carrier and the Carrier distributes them to the users.  But if you haven't been updated to One UI, you are almost a year out of date.  

Who is your Carrier?  Is your phone an unlocked model?  Have you Called your carrier yet and asked why you are so far out of date?  If you haven't gotten an update to One Ui, have you been getting Security updates?  (I doubt).  Bottom of that Software information page, what is the date on the Android security patch level??