cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbhedRgvRJg
Asteroid

Updated yesterday now text message issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the update for my note 9 yesterday. Now when I send a group text and I close the message, when I open it back up to respond in the group text it won't let me type anything. I have to actually add the contacts back into the group text before I can type in a response.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FL_Belle
Astronaut

My fiance and I had this group text issue, where it doesn...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fiance and I had this group text issue, where it doesnt let you reply. We had to delete the conversation completely and restart it.

We are also noticing that our texts no longer say delivered/read. All of our settings are still correct.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Updated yesterday now text message issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems to be a lot of problem post update in connections. Mine was a bit different. Mine also involved messages but was a reoccurring error message. Quickest solution was to go to settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. You'll have to re-enter your WiFi password and your Bluetooth connections, but it fixed my issues after the update. 

userbhedRgvRJg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the suggestion. That didn't fix my issue but I appreciate the help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

userbhedRgvRJg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that but still same issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbhedRgvRJg Are you using the stock messaging app? Have you tried to force stop and clear cache on the app?

Navigate to your settings > apps > click on the 3 dots in the top right corner > select "show system apps" > find Messages > force stop > storage > clear cache.

See if that helps.

userbhedRgvRJg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just tried that - still nothing. I appreciate all the suggestions!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbhedRgvRJg What messaging app are you using? Have you tried using a third-party app to see if the same symptoms still persist?

userbhedRgvRJg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using the app that came with the phone. I will try a third party. Do you have any suggestions on which is better? Thanks

userbhedRgvRJg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Deleted the group text and that seemed to clear up the issue. Not happy about having to do that but...