then language and input

then on-screen keyboard

Then manage keyboards

Then turn Samsung voice input off.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Voice text Note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks.  Found this after a Android updates somehow must have turned the Samsung voice-input on.  Drove me crazy for a few days.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you even read the question? 🙄 He wasn't asking how to find the button for the voice text. He was asking why the recognition is so bad and if there was any way to correct it. So this question is definitely NOT solved!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed, I just went from an S7 to the Note 9 and when I try to use the speech-to-text, which I use for EVERYTHING, it feels more like a downgrade.  Can't believe they put so much into this phone and whiffed on this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm so disappointed. Also went from A S7 to a note 9 I am visually impaired. Almost cannot see what it  Types. It screws up my text all the time. Probly never buy Samsung again

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a note for before I finally upgraded and this is the worst talk to text I've ever experience. The note 4 would make suggestions that were correct 90% of the time on whole groups of words if it ever did make a mistake but it rarely did.  this Samsung 9 his making my business use of this phone very limited due to the talk to text major flaw

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a speech impediment. S's are hard for me. The S7 had no problem with talk to text. The Note 9 gets it right maybe 40% of the ti.e and that's being generous.  Other than that I love the phone

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went from the Note 5 to Note 9.  Voice to text is almost unusable.  How do you go backwards on something that was working great? 

Highlighted
Constellation

rather: Voice text Note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use talk text a lot. I have horrible arthritis  in my hands. I have tried all the quick fixes and they don't work.  If I would have known this issue I would never have gotten this phone 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely the worst voice to text explanation point. I am doing the voice to text right now and it makes my point for me. It is almost as fast as the iPhone. Like you my S7 was perfect I don't know why they put a inferior AI in this phone.