cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XFactor
Asteroid

Voice text Note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is the voice text on the note 9 so horrible. I upgraded from an S7 and this is the absolute worst. The auto correct is just as bad. There are misspelled words and words that have Z instead of S. I have to go back and check every message I said including this one. I had to make 20 corrections.

This is supposed to be a business phone right? So if I send someone a message and it says "ignorez" that's not good.

Everything else about this phone is great but this is bad. I have big hands so trying the type on this tiny keyboard is a chore.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John79x
Halo

Re: Voice text Note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Install the g board by Google.

Go through all the app settings, especially maximize the keyboard height. You'll have Google mic on the top-right hand side, unless you're on a page that already has a Google mic.

But it works flawlessly.

18 REPLIES 18
XFactor
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's probably no way to get an answer and I have to sell this thing. Go get an S7 again or something.

userD4pGfVLNov
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, I also had s7 before the note 9. The difference on the voice text is tremendous. Not sure why!

Teatar
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Swich vtt (voice to text ) to Googlee voice typing, look up YouTube video it's not hard, sad I like the new interface. I'm still using it, making text correctos with the keystored 

Oops lol 

user8cJ7mR1VmK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem and Google still doesn't fix the editing after speech....the s7 was soooo much better. Cant believe a 1200 dollar phone has poor voice to text and edit voice to text functions 

XFactor
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been using Gboard for a few weeks now and it's almost as good as the S7. May even be better in certain aspects.

user97BEdRDu32
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I so agree with you I kept trying to say the word if and all I got was yes over and over again. So ironic didn't happen at all with this message. Very interesting.

John79x
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Install the g board by Google.

Go through all the app settings, especially maximize the keyboard height. You'll have Google mic on the top-right hand side, unless you're on a page that already has a Google mic.

But it works flawlessly.

XFactor
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I changed to gboard and so far it looks good. But here's the thing. I shouldn't have to get something else when I already have $1,000 phone.it should work. It's also a business phone. Imagine trying to have a business conversation and you get the c*** that you get out of this phone.

userLp02yMblVv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLUTION:

You don't have to install gboard.

Go to settings

then General management

then language and input

then on-screen keyboard

Then manage keyboards

Then turn Samsung voice input off.