Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daftpunk985
Constellation

Voicemail notification won't stop showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a note 9 and an S9+.

The note 9 is unlocked, but the s9 is on T-mobile. 

I've been having an issue with the voicemail notification. It tells me that I have a voicemail, but everytime I call or check it shows nothing. I keep clearing the notification, but moments later it appears again.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? 

I've cleared the cache from the phone app and still there. I even did a factory reset on both phones. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Voicemail notification won't stop showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out directly to your carrier as voicemail is a carrier feature.

13 REPLIES 13
compressthis
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Unlocked phone on Sprint. I can hide it for 2 hours, but then it comes back, help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out directly to your carrier as voicemail is a carrier feature.

Daftpunk985
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will do. Thank you 

compressthis
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good idea, but they couldn't help, they said it was a hardware glitch. Nowhere to turn and nobody cares just stuck with it on my phone.

userNGlUZnc1lQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T-Mobile is saying it's a Samsung issue. Only happening on 1 of my 3 S9's and it's driving me crazy. 

usergjsQowdGnX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a prob that appears when you have tmobile visual voice mail and samsung visual voicemail st the same time. You have to go into settings of each and set up accordingly.  It use to happen when I restarted my note 8 and it doesnt anymore but I got rid of tmobile voice mail app only use the app built into the phone you can get to it from the dialer and clicking the FM icon 

sk10
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Adam, 

I've had the same issue on my Note 9 for the last 3 months. All my phones are unlocked.

I've contacted my Carrier and they say it is not an issue with them. In fact, my carrier doesn't even have a voicemail feature. 

Now, this notification disappears every time I 'Clear Data' in or 'Forcestop' the Phone app (system app). 

However, it does reappear every time I restart my phone. 

In fact, this issue of mine started happening after the update I received in May 2019.

I recently purchased a Samsung A8 and I face the same issue with that device too, albeit that is on a different network.

Screenshot_20190808-123452_One UI Home.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

sk10
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Adam. I shall do so. 

By the way, I saw the Note 10 launch and hands on reviews. 

The voicemail notification icon was visible on one of those devices as well. 

Cheers mate.