cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak charge detection. Battery life shorter than usual.

Over the last few months, i have been experiencing charge related issues. I have multiple chargers, wall blocks, and tried a number of different receptacles and they always yield the same results. I have difficulty getting charger to completely engage in the charger port, as if there is something stuck in there, but i have cleaned it out a number of times, i have an otterbox with a charger port cover on it for this reason, and i dont drop my phone. I get weak charge notifications regularly when charging my phone on a number of different cables, blocks, and receptacles. These issues are now leading to a diminished battery life. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Is this a weak point in the design? I haven't made time to go to the sprint store to have my phone looked at yet 🤷‍♀️

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Weak charge detection. Battery life shorter than usual.

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend a service repair. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_D3T7XSK
Astronaut

Yes I am also having that issue

Samsung_Br1BYcc
Astronaut

Same here what can I do

Sure can. Im about to send it.

Samsung_ibZ8Vua
Astronaut

I myself am getting weak battery detection.Although my phone will charge 100%.I still get a notice that my battery is is using faster then I can charge. And sometimes if I use a different cord.it will only allow my phone to charge to 89%

Highlighted
HelloKittyGang
Constellation

I've seen it pop up from time to time on my phone. Never really paid it any mind because I couldnt understand how that could be true. It's always at 100%though.