cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_J7MvYEq
Constellation

Re: Weak charging detected

My note 9 is now doing this even if it's not on the charger. Alerting me repeatedly.  It's a new to me phone, and the annoyance has me seriously considering sending it back if im still in the return window.

I love the phone. And the spen certainly comes in handy on occasion. But I'd have no issue going back to my s9 if need be. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Samsung_J7MvYEq Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Fiolee
Astronaut

Samsung S7 Edge (same issue as well)

Samsung S7 Edge (same issue as well)

Samsung_XPoxHAg
Constellation

This is also happening on my BRAND NEW GALAXY S8!  I just purchased it from Sam's Club and I have been issued a return shipping label.  I really like this phone, but I WILL NO HESITATE to return it for a full refund!  This better not be some "push an update to make the phone obsolete".

Highlighted
AllenChicago
Constellation

ONE SOLUTION - Re: Weak charging detected

August 25, 2019

IMO, The "Weak Charging Detected" notification is obviously an error in one of Samsung's pre-installed maintenance apps that updated over the Summer. 

To stop this false notification, I opened the "Samsung Members" application on my S-9,  navigated to "settings", then turned off the switch for  "Diagnostic Notifications".

Restarted the phone, and the annoying "Weak Charging" notifications have not reappeard.  I hope this EASY "fix" is as effective for everyone else as it was for me.  Good luck!   

-Allen in Chicagoland

user0caVw5Rgu0
Astronaut

I started getting it recently. It started 2 updates ago and my phone wasn't charging. After the last update, a few days ago, I still get the message but it charges. 

I think a big part of the issue with this warning is that it will send the notice of it detects a second of weak charging and it stays as an active notification until you clear it. Mine will still say it after unplugged. This makes it so one moment of issue gives the impression that there's an issue with the entire process.

It either needs to deactivate when the issue ceases, or it needs to become better at differentiating between an ongoing issue and a blip that randomly occurs. My Note 9 has not struggled to charge or hold a charge, yet I see this message daily.