cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_ZraHg60
Astronaut

Weak charging detected

I continue to get the "Weak charging detected" when my phone is charging no matter what cable I use, no matter if all apps are closed, or even if it says "fast charging." I have only had the phone about 3 months but this just started a couple weeks ago. Is anyone else experiencing charging issues with the Note 9?

14 REPLIES 14
userl5XgMuOhWA
Constellation

I am on my Note 8...Very Annoying, Samsung need to fix th...

I am on my Note 8...Very Annoying, Samsung need to fix this issue very very soon!

pb209
Constellation

I found that my note 8 and s10+ have the same issue. Only...

I found that my note 8 and s10+ have the same issue. Only with certain power cords, which are over a year old and heavily used. I got one from Amazon called JSAUX no issues so far

MithuRaj
Constellation

Same here my note 9, but its not show normally, after plu...

Same here my note 9, but its not show normally, after plug my crg' if i open Samsung Member apps,( i mean this app) then its show weak crg' but if not open this app then crg'normally.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Same here my note 9, but its not show normally, after plu...

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

usertwamMZRf9f
Constellation

I am pretty sure it has everything to do with the latest...

I am pretty sure it has everything to do with the latest most recent update that the phone's just received... I am getting the exact same message we're my battery is draining faster than it can charge... I have never had an issue with my battery ever I have a note 9 and before all these updates my phone used to charge very quickly and now it takes forever.

.. I don't believe it is the phone per se but has to do something with the last update

mz31
Cosmic Ray

Re: I am pretty sure it has everything to do with the latest...

@usertwamMZRf9f wrote:

I am pretty sure it has everything to do with the latest most recent update that the phone's just received... I am getting the exact same message we're my battery is draining faster than it can charge... I have never had an issue with my battery ever I have a note 9 and before all these updates my phone used to charge very quickly and now it takes forever.

.. I don't believe it is the phone per se but has to do something with the last update

hi, i think (or at least am hoping) you're right, recently out of nowhere my s10 started giving me the weak charging notification several times a day -- even when it says it's fast charging, even when using oem charger and cable, even when the phone IS NOT PLUGGED IN. (this last occurrence happened this morning for the first time and is what prompted me to finally google the issue, like obviously something is glitchy if i'm getting a charging-related message even when the phone is not connected to a charger.) it's gotta be related to a samsung update, right? i recall there being a couple of those in recent weeks but not what the specific updates were.

it's annoying even if the notification doesn't actually mean there's a problem, sick of seeing the false alarm!

user5mnh3xXruF
Constellation

Re: Weak charging detected

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing.  It's happening with my Note 9 (about 9 month old) phone on multiple cords.  It will also be fine for a while charging, then start draining and set the "weak charging detected".

I've done a hard reset and reinstalled my phone (same configuration, not a complete build from scratch), but that didn't affect the behavior.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

user5mnh3xXruF
Constellation

I haven't been able to try very long at a time - traveling, etc.,....

However, I haven't seen it in the last few days since the latest software upgrade.  It was happening multiple times a day, and now...isn't.