cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOZTq5xYEJo
Asteroid

Where did "vivid" mode in the PRO setting on the rear view camera of Note 9 go?

Hello, I just updated my android system on my Note 9 camera. Now the "vivid" mode of the PRO setting on the rear view camera is missing.

Did Samsung delete it?

If Samsung deleted vivid mode, how can I revert to the version that did have vivid mode.

I bought this $1000 phone for the great camera and big screen. I am going to be really mad if Samsung took away vivid mode!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Where did "vivid" mode in the PRO setting on the rear view camera of Note 9 go?

If you open the Camera app, go to Photo, click the "Magic Wand" in the upper right corner, you will get what filters are left.  Vivid isn't one of them.  You have the option to download additional filters at the end of that sliding list.  Vivid still isn't available.  

One of the many things that Samsung removed with no reasonable explaination as to why they were removed.  My old Note 5 had that feature, among other features, that took some of the most fantastic photos.  Now.... they are meh.... 

userOZTq5xYEJo
Asteroid

Re: Where did "vivid" mode in the PRO setting on the rear view camera of Note 9 go?

I agree. I have no idea why they took the vivid setting away.

I am going to call Samsung and find out how to recreate the vivid setting. If, I find out anything, I will post it in the conversation.

I have noticed that the Samsung 9 has less features than my old Note 8 and the picture quality is not as good either.

I think Samsung is cutting production costs at the sake of quality, which they should not be doing at the high cost of the phone.

I hope that it works...  Samsung, for some reason removed may good features from their devices when they updated to One UI and a few even earlier.  Since you just updated, you might not have found all the "Easter Eggs."

• All the wonderful features on the photo editor were shuffled around.  Some are still there, but buried so deep that  you will never find them without a guide.  Others have been removed totally.
  • The pro settings for video recordings are gone.  The ability to set your resolution, the frame rate, the ISO settings.  All gone.  Even though if you look at the Camera settings, Camera Modes, Edit modes, the description for the "Pro" Setting reads "Take control  of your videos.  Set the exposure, shutter speed, color tone, and ISO sensitivity manually."  The pro Setting now has nothing to do with Video.  Now only handled Photo. 
  • The inability to customize the Text Message backgrounds to something easier on the eyes than White on Black, or Black on White.  Although, I do admit that the White letters on a Black background are more restful that Visa Versa.
  • And my favorite, the removal from the Contacts the ability to assign custome text message tones to the individual instead of this Makeshift Fix of assigning the tones to the message thread.  By assigning them to the thread, you have to maintain a copy of at least ONE message to preserve the customization and the customization does NOT carry through to Group messages.  

There are other things messed up.  Don't get me wrong, I love One UI, but why were these features taken away without a single word of explaination?  The software was already written and tested for many years then suddenly taken away.  I always thought that an "Upgrade" meant an improvement of the product, not the removal of said features.  

Sorry.  Got up on my soapbox again..  

userOZTq5xYEJo
Asteroid

I called customer support and they told me that I could pay a local store $50 for a system refresh but there were no guarantees it will work.
I have had this phone for less than 1.and 1/2 years.
Samsung is the worst company ever.
I will never buy another Samsung phone.
I should not have to pay more money to get features that I paid for the phone.
Shame on Samsung! Do not buy any Samsung products! 

userOZTq5xYEJo
Asteroid

I contacted Samsung. I called customer support and they told me that I could pay a local store $50 for a system refresh but there were no guarantees it will work.
I have had this phone for less than 1.and 1/2 years.
Samsung is the worst company ever.
I will never buy another Samsung phone.
I should not have to pay more money to get features that I paid for the phone.
Shame on Samsung!