cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userndYsWwXFj9
Astronaut

Why are there so many updates?

Why do I have to update my phone so frequently???? It's getting beyond irritating. My phone will automatically do the update and turn itself off while I'm sleeping. My alarm gets turned off and I've been late to work because of it. 

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung_rlXQi7A
Astronaut

Re: Why are there so many updates?

Mine dose desame tin n Samsung pay go scanned my atm card I use to buy font frm Samsong store dey stole my money 40k (40000) n am very upset I don't know Wer to run to😡😡😡😡😠😠😠😠

Highlighted

Re: Why are there so many updates?

@userndYsWwXFj9 wrote:

Why do I have to update my phone so frequently???? It's getting beyond irritating. My phone will automatically do the update and turn itself off while I'm sleeping. My alarm gets turned off and I've been late to work because of it. 

Ok.. first of all, are you sure that they are updates?  My updates wait until I tell them to start before they install.  Most of us only get security updates once a month also.  Is there a possibility that you have your phone set to reboot automatically every so often.  

To set your phone to automatically reboot, Settings > Device Care > 3 dots upper Right Corner > Auto restart.  This allows your phone to automatically restart itself on the days and time that you set.  

BUT!!!

If you have Secure Startup turned on... Settings > Biometrics and security > Secure Startup, when your phone reboots, it will NOT finish until you enter your PIN.  The warning on this screen reads "You will not receiver any calls, messages, or notifications, and alarms will not sound , until the phone has started up. "  

Reboot automatically, Good.  Secure Startup Good.  Reboot automatically AND Secure Startup, BAD!!  Especially if  you are using your phone for an alarm Clock.   

Either way, check Secure Startup and turn that off and see if that fixes your problem.