cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8QHDlxEGSM
Constellation

Yellow Digital Ink on (white) Samsung Notes?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know the Blue Note 9 comes with a Yellow S Pen, which will write in yellow digital ink in Screen Off Mode (black background). But what about Samsung Notes, which has a white background - would the ink still be yellow? If so, that would be a harder-to-read contrast and a reason NOT to select a blue phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Yellow Digital Ink on (white) Samsung Notes?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Confirmed: screen off writing is yellow on black. samsung notes is yellow on white. But you can turn off signature color and screen off writing is white on black, notes are black on white

I have been unable to convert ink color after its saved into notes, but that doesnt mean it isnt possible

8 REPLIES 8
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From some of the early reviews that I saw it sounds like it will be set up to write in yellow by default on screen off, but the color can be changed in settings, and I assume whatever color in notes is it can also be changed.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Confirmed: screen off writing is yellow on black. samsung notes is yellow on white. But you can turn off signature color and screen off writing is white on black, notes are black on white

I have been unable to convert ink color after its saved into notes, but that doesnt mean it isnt possible

perlmane
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a real problem. Cannot see yellow ink on white background. Anyone know how to change the ink color?

I never had a bad day. Hope you never do either...
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@perlmane

Yep. Go to Settings - Advanced Settings - S Pen - Screen Off Memo - Use S Pen Signature Color - Off. 

perlmane
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Thank you. But... I figured that out, But... Until I did, I have several notes yellow on white that I can't read. How do I either change the ink or background color on those?

I never had a bad day. Hope you never do either...
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@perlmane

I couldn't figure that one out, I don't think there is a way. I just filed it under dumb annoying things that we can't change, there are quite a few.

user8eqkC0Kp5c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I changed the thickness setting of yellow pen to thickest and can now see the yellow much better. It's  actually a darker yellow which is weird. 

Highlighted
useruffwkV0WrF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alternatively, you can write in yellow (signature color) on the lock screen and have your notes save in black in Samsung Notes. To do so, open Samsung Notes, tap burger menu on top left, tap gear icon for settings, toggle 'Pen color for saved notes' under 'Screen Off Memo' to black from signature color. This lets you enjoy the special yellow color that makes your phone stand out but lets you have your saved notes be legible later on.