cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McKinley
Asteroid

YouTube

Has anyone else noticed that on the new update the screen cuts off the bottom edge by about ½ inch on the bottom of YouTube videos in landscape mode?

How can I fix this on my note9

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: YouTube

Can you please provide the community with a screenshot of your concern?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userfJgid4YSqk
Constellation

Its like this on my Galaxy S8

Not full screen:

Screenshot_20191125-191822_Samsung Internet.jpg

Same frame fullscreen (notice the bottom part is cropped away):

Screenshot_20191125-191830_Samsung Internet.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It appears this way in the browser because YouTube does not optimize it's content for a mobile browser, as the app is available. If you wish to continue viewing content in the Mobile Browser, please contact YouTube for the proper settings for screen optimization.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

McKinley
Asteroid

How do I provide screenshot, I don't see a way to upload a picture m

Honored Contributor

Sadly the video wouldn't show the issue as our computers are not having the same problem. To take a screenshot for the Note 9 follow these steps:

• At the same time, press and hold both the power button and volume down button for two seconds.
  • You'll see the screen flash, and the screenshot will briefly appear on the screen.

Honored Contributor

To add a picture to your replies here in the community, click the pictured icon below:

McKinley
Asteroid

@McKinley wrote:

Maybe this will work

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUfNxARK_2s

Well, the link to the youtube video looks great... on my computers 27" monitor.  A screen shot of what you see on  your phone would be better.  

McKinley
Asteroid

I don't have a picture icon

If you make a quick video then maybe I can find it