cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

every Samsung phone using Android 10 and possibly others is now insecure

When you receive a call and after you hang up but before the lock screen appears just hit the display open apps button on the bottom right of the screen and you have a completely unlocked Samsung phone. This applies to EVERY samsung smartphone.

12 REPLIES 12
Supernova

Re: every Samsung phone is now insecure

??? what do you mean by "completely unlocked" ?? If I'm in possession of my phone I have full control of any and all features regardless.
Asteroid

someone stole my phone. while they had it they received a call. after hanging up but before the lock screen appeared they hit the display running apps button which left them with my phone, unlocked. they then proceded to steal my contact, my data and messed with my email.

Supernova

oh gotcha. yep there is a 1.5 second delay that is true. I specialize in Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing. I can backup your claim to that one. Sorry about your bad luck though. That does Suck
Asteroid

Samsung support have offered me a "So sorry and best of luck" reply. they won't even encalate my issue to someone who cares. Not impressed. Thanks for the support tho Shadowgate.

Supernova

Most bypasses are through the above mentioned but taking a different route. While call is in place before hanging up you pull down the notification tray and enter through the settings key at top allowing access to the settings menu and making changes
Supernova

have you tried any forms of tracing the phone?
Asteroid

Oh sorry, i should had added. I have found the phone, just repleat of my stored data and some contacts.  It's how I know what they did. I stormed the home I lost it in and yelled a lot and looked like I might make people unhappy. It then just appeared.

Constellation

"display running apps" is only shown if the phone is already unlocked. when someone calls me I don't have a way into my phone from there. and how did you know that that is how they got in if your phone was stolen?
Asteroid

It possibly only applies to those using Android 10