cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernTaGnpZhqa
Asteroid

iris scanner and password not working on Note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I set up an iris scanner on my Note 9, and today, the iris scanner said I needed to use my screen password.  I never set up a screen password, so of course, I don't know it.  How can I get into my phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: iris scanner and password not working on Note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So with the Samsung account if you will follow the directions in this link it should help you get the phone unlocked.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you referring to a pin when unlocking your Note 9?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usernTaGnpZhqa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes, I believe it's the pin.

usernTaGnpZhqa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get a message saying my phone was restarted and needs to be unlock using my password.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was your device encrypted? Did you set a pin as a backup for security? Is the iris scanner not working when you restart your device?

usernTaGnpZhqa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never set up a password for security, but I know what I would have used, and that doesn't work.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the iris scanner not working when you restart your device? Was your device encrypted upon startup of your device?

usernTaGnpZhqa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to restart the device when I couldn't get into the phone by iris scan or password. I did not encrypt the phone while restarting.

usernTaGnpZhqa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just looked up encrypting the phone.  So, when I first got this phone, I did not encrypt the phone.  I have been using it for over a month without a password, and it was fine until today.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a requirement when setting up the iris scanner that you set up a pin. Do you have a Samsung or Google account attached to your device?