cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxrQtkyNnKl
Constellation

my Note 9 Battery

Hello I basically purchased a brand new note 9 from an ebay sellerlocked to tmobile .  He was a legit seller.  I had set the phone up last week and noticed that when i have the stock settings on the battery was not greaat.  I decided to wait till see after the learning patterns, and i finally got it and it was like 14 hours to empty after a full charge.  I deen others who have like double that.  I dont do a lot on my phone.  The battery seems to go down 1 percent every 5 minutes.  I have followed everything in these forums to do and its the same.  I just did the reset and I didnt restore anything except for my contacts with the switch app.  So I am on the first day but I  noticed that the battery gets hot when this is happening I uninstalled the macafee.  Can anyone give me some other ideas besides what was mentioned for battery already.  Thank you everyone .

3 REPLIES 3
bway
Astronaut

Re: my Note 9 Battery

It seems like the battery health is declining rapidly. Unfortunately things like these are hard to notice when purchasing a used device whether the exterior or everything else on the phone works. Your best bet would be a battery replacement. Most places will do this for relatively cheap and quickly but make sure to find a good repair shop. Try to find one with Samsung certification posted on their website since some don't always do the best job.
user8qdzGmEDdX
Cosmic Ray

There are so many factors what setting is it on like as in resalution ..like mines in high performance mode you can do balance and so o. All are going to give diffrent battery life and what brightnes so on and so fourth your way to vage 14 hours on time is great

userAg6WitffA7
Asteroid

I had a note 9 that I had to charge  3-4 times a day. Got it brand new in october from at&t. Samsung had only one option send it in and go 3-5 weeks without.   Just wanted me to go 3-5 weeks without a phone (wanted me to send it in) At&t ran a test and said the battery was bad and did a warranty claim on it. I get 8-10 hours of battery life now. Much better than my last one. Still worse than what they claim. If you are getting 14 hours I would say be happy, because people are getting way worse, and it doesn't look like they know why.