cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwRsQb6EJdd
Constellation

"Couldn't open connection to server" message

Keeps popping up. I've reset my connection settings like someone suggested, but that's not working anymore. It's so annoying. Happens with Wi-Fi in on and off. Any thoughts?

19 REPLIES 19
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: "Couldn't open connection to server" message

@userwRsQb6EJdd Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
userlxgLR5lPjp
Constellation

Don't work

userFR2mJtgoQO
Constellation

I've done all of the suggestions. none of them worked. I am thinking this is a Samsung issue and the only way to fix it is for them to send out an update, because I am connected to the server, everything is working fine on my phone except that darn pop up almost everytime I send a text or use fb messenger. 

Highlighted
userd8wSqQOfIz
Astronaut

I just got around to installing the most recent software update today and now I'm having the same issue. I've have tried all of the suggestions and the issue remains. I suspect it's a Samsung issue as well and the only way to resolve it would be for Samsung to send out an update. I'm putting my Samsung Fold order with AT&T on hold until this issue is resolved.

userhZBxZ4Y0km
Asteroid

I'm having the same issue with my Note 8.  Just did the update today. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello everyone,

Anyone that is having this connection to server error message, Please send a private message here http://bit.ly/2GGYul4 providing the following information so we can send this up to our Specialized team.

Model Number:

IMEI Number:

Build Number:

Android Version:

Service Provider:

userhZBxZ4Y0km
Asteroid

Did yet another update this am and still having issue even more. 

userReHo5RCECM
Constellation

Same here it's very annoying and also for some reason when I get pic messages they don't always come through...its very spiratic... 

MarkTheStark
Astronaut

Use vpn it will solve the issue I had it as well just download something like turbovpn its free and it works