Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 04-06-2020 02:09 PM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
userYd5ZyTN3Mj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm getting the same issue, the only difference is mine is blotchy and has 1/2 inch stripes of that greenish yellow tint. I've also tried all the troubleshooting methods, and it still looks the same

userPnmw0eANVA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Having the same exact issues, nothing has resolved them. Extremely disappointed in Samsung trying to blame this on 3rd party app. Did a full reset and the problem still exist. When are you going to fix this problem?!?! 

I've been a loyal Note customer since Note 3, but this is really making me mad. 

userC0kyyISZd4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,
After struggling for about two weeks with the issue, I finally able to get it to the point where the phone is usable again. Apparently the problem is affecting the light sensor. It works well in outdoor or in a total dark room. It started acting up in a low light area or when I am in a lighted room. Screen will became fuzzy with shred of horizontal lights shines all across the screen. Color vibrant are gone.

I finally turned off all the automatic brightness and all other auto lights sensors. Now I only use the manual brightness control with dark mode in amoled screen mode. It’s inconvenient but better than before. I hope Samsung will come up with a fix soon and I hope this will help others with similar situation as mine

0 Likes
userfL85vDdDVf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having the same issue now.  The screen suddenly changes colour like the pics you posted above.  It's so frustrating!

0 Likes
useroXZ9j0jroP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello Samsung,

You know what I've always tried not to by a Samsung device. But your premium range smartphone where much better than the average once so for which I preferred NOTE 9

Im using my cell since last 1.5 years +.

Had never faced any of the issue but since last one month I'm facing a terrible problem with my screen.

My phone gets heat up and randomly the screen turns into green and yellowish form and its resolution goes low. Turning off the screen and then turn it ON again after a while it works fine.

But again it turn into yellow automatically.

This have completely ruined me up using my cell.

Have read lots of issue where they say to check for blue light filter and lots more insane logic things.

But I need to say I have tried :

1. Checked blue light setting they are off

2. Checked warm and cool colors setting they are kept normal.

3. Checked in SAFE MODE even in safe mode it causes the same issue. So you can't say my phone is facing any 3rd party app issue. As in if this was the issue then sceen would have not turn yellow when used in safe mode.

4. Also check night ready setting from google books I've deleted that app though.

Now say how can you help me out. Because I need a complete 100% Helping out solution for this issue. Have spent 70,000 rupees buying this phone. Rather buying this, must have gone with Iphone 11. At least that would have given me a reliable service for at least 3years +.

So let me know how can you help me out with this issue. Or else I'm really going to screw you up all for such fake products that work only for an year. 

Need an urgent intervention for this issue else I'll highy escalate this issue. 

BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@useroXZ9j0jroP,

From what you described your device needs to be inspected by an actual technician. You can contact 1-800-Samsung to mail your device in or you can go into your nearest Samsung certified location. During this pandemic some store locations are closed. You can find out what stores are open by following the link below:

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Youve exhausted all online tech support your device definietely needs a physical inspection by a technician to determine a resolution.

useroXZ9j0jroP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

And what if they charge me for revolving this issue. Then im man seems to spned so much money on such device and that to they cannot serve for an year properly.

BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@useroXZ9j0jroP ,

Devices come with a 1year warranty that covers any issues EXCEPT physical and liquid damage. An inspection is free. If its in warranty and need a repair you wont pay anything. If its out of warranty and you have to pay fr a repair you have the option to consent or decline the repair. The devices are manufactured to be used for longer than a year but usage also plays a huge part in device longevity. Thats like me I chose to  overuse my device while its charging on the highest brightness level. That causes my device to overheat and will probably cause battery and screen problems within the next year or so. Things like that affect the life of your device. Using the wrong chargers to charge your device causes your device to die out sooner than expected. So many factors play into the life of your device and thats from all manufacturers. Once you have your device inspected you can inquire about tips and tricks on device maintenance to prolong the device life cycle. 

Srikrishnan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

There are so many complaining this issue at March update why are you not taking us seriously?
We paid so much for a phone that lasts only one year?... You think I'll use my phone 24 hours? And all the time I would keep on charging it? Please I request you to escalate this to your software development team... This is something you have broken with your code in the recent update... Just everywhere even INS csc we have this issue. How can so many people have their devices failed exactly the same month! This is ridiculous!

BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Update issues are fixed with patches which is why new updates are constantly processed. IF it is a software issue a patch will be sent out to correct it. If you want instant resolution you can use the options I gave above.  Everyone issues arent the same which is why I explained to you about usage. We both can complain about battery issues but it doesnt mean our resolutions are the same.