cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 9 Display discoloration with flickering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

(Edit: This was a reply to a post that is apparently now deleted)

As much as I find the response of @mkkim unhelpful and dismissive of the many users that have the issue, including myself, if you think apple is better, you really aren't aware of the many issues they have as well.  If you follow Lois Rossmann, you will easily learn many of the scummy, money grabbing things that Apple does as well. 

With that said, the lack of acknowledgement of the problem is really bad of Samsung, and to date I haven't seen a clear effort to recognize they are aware of the problem and are actively investigating and working on a solution.  I posted my issue here with the problem and I had zero response from the US forum to get this issue resolved or acknowledged with my US phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well apple is always be a better  company and will be...no matter what you guys say....

Yeah i know that you are feeling bad because i am supporting apple...

Apple at least support with software update to 6 year old device 😀

And i have iphone x till now i did not got a single issue....

What about samsung....🤣

Samsung just launch their device one by one....every 2 months....but they dont provide OS updates....after 1 year or max 2 years after that we have to buy new phone 🤣🤣🤣hats off to you samsung....

Apple rock anyways.

Thanks you.

Love india

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have searched the internet and find ond "OLED Saver " APP, which I think solving this issue almost 80%.  Which proves its software related issue and if some third party APP can fix the issue till 80% please try this

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its not solving it persay.  Just mitigating the  issue.  The issue still persists.  If you turn on always on display you will see the green lines dissapear.  A clear firmware/software issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having this exact same issue.  Initialy my screen had gone black after the update but eventualy it came back after multiple multiple resets. then the green and lines.  then back to normal for quite some time.  Now im back to this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Note 9 (SM-N960F), Screen wake up to green/yellow tone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Back in early March 2020, my Note 9 starts to behave whereby the screen when waking up its a much of green as shown below. Initially, I just need to off the screen & wake it again & the screen is back to normal again. but as time goes, the problem happens more often.

Now i have off the screen & wait for a 20-30 secs & wake it , then the screen is normal.

Annotation 2020-04-28 161733.png

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Note 9 (SM-N960F), Screen wake up to green/yellow tone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have similiar problem with my note 9 

Black crush screen

Sometimes i just lock and unlock the phone it goes back to normal again

But now, it gotten worse. 

It wont goes away

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same with teh lock and unlock.  I think it has to do with the auto brightness potentialy being a thing.   I'm goign to try and disable auto bright once it goes back to normal again.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello@HattoriHanzo 

Unfortunately it sounds like an issue with the main screen display and needs to replacement.
your SM-N960F device is not a US product. Please contact your local Samsung customer service.

Hope this was helpful

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No this is not the case.  Do not replace the screen before tryign this:
turn on always on display, hit the home button to put the phone to sleep and tap.  If no lines or green tint your display is perfectly fine.