cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slr99
Asteroid

screen shuts off during speakerphone & bluetooth calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 9 screen shuts off (only during calls), after 10 seconds or so, regardless of whether i'm on a bluetooth or speaker call. I have no screen protector or anything interfering with proximity sensor and timeout is set to 10 minutes. Smart stay is on. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: screen shuts off during speakerphone & bluetooth calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a "feature" that has been around since at least the Note 8. Would be great if a solution is found but I have seen a lot of suggestions that haven't solved it. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

slr99
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. This has been going on since the phone was new, and no one has ever given me a solution. Just checking if there is any new info or if android 10 might fix it when that becomes avoidable ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found that by turning off auto adjust feature on the samsung phones I have worked on it stops that problem from happening. Not sure if it's a temporary fix but all the customers I helped have yet to experience that problem again.

Tankdog03
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You probably have the settings setup so when u put the phone up to your face the screen turns off, shut that feature off

slr99
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you read my original post, it happens on speaker or bluetooth. ..unrelated to the proximity sensor 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a "feature" that has been around since at least the Note 8. Would be great if a solution is found but I have seen a lot of suggestions that haven't solved it. 

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@slr99 

Kind of a workaround that I use is to exit the phone app and let it run in the background (with green bar indicating you're on call at the top, which you can tap to quickly return to your phone app). This seems to prevent the screen from turning off.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1