cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

unlock my phone (I forgot pattern). Remote unlock option on the phone is off.

Hi

I've forgotten my screen pattern and my phone is locked while Remote unlock option on the phone setting is off.

Its so dissapointing that there is no souloution on findmymobile.samsung.com to unlock the phone and keep your data, while there are some othere security means i.e biometrics, verificatin sms or bypass Remote unlock option.

To me lossing hundreds of gigabyte personal data is not acceptable at all, its more reasonable that I buy anothere mobile phone and wait for soltution to come available!

Please provide me if you have a solution to remove unlock pattern or turn on the remote unlock option in such situation witch phone is locked!

Look forward Samsung urgently fix the issue in the near future.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: unlock my phone (I forgot pattern). Remote unlock option on the phone is off.

@userKneaG9XOOK wrote:

... while Remote unlock option on the phone setting is off.

Its so dissapointing that there is no souloution on findmymobile.samsung.com to unlock the phone and keep your data, ...

Look forward Samsung urgently fix the issue in the near future.

Sorry for your frustration, but I don't see that there is an issue for Samsung to fix. The user must enable the option to allow remote unlocking on the phone. This will allow the phone to be remotely unlocked. 

Kind of like buying car insurance before you experience a automobile accident. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: unlock my phone (I forgot pattern). Remote unlock option on the phone is off.

The point is after accident remediation. It would be appreciated if such solution is provided.

Highlighted

Re: unlock my phone (I forgot pattern). Remote unlock option on the phone is o..

Well.... if there was a quick and easy method of breaking past the security code to the phone, that would kind of defeat the purpose of the rigid security code.

A wise man once told me, "there are two kinds of people that work with computers. Those that have lost their data and those that haven't lost it yet".

I have crossed that line several times...
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: unlock my phone (I forgot pattern). Remote unlock option on the phone is o..

Agreed, but there is a slight difference between there is really no back door, to that, I don't show it to you. As there is a remote unlock service in findmymobile, the point is its settings.

My understanding is over protection does not really mean better protection/user experience. The security policy is to prevent unauthorized access to the phone, but in my opinion some improvements are helpful to maximize (after accident) authorized access services, which I've faced at least two of them in findmymobile.samsung.com.

1st- as mentioned above, some one might have not set the "remote unlock" option on the phone and forgot the code/pattern , some means would be provided to let him/her access again to the phone by other method of authorization check (i.e biometrics or direct contact to samsung customer services to confirm identity, set that remote unlock setting on the website, or so on). 

**regarding remote unlock service in findmymobile, as almost everybody would need that service in case of forgotten code/pass code, it would be better option if that setting is set to ON by default and in case some body feels should not be set on his/her phone, he/she would turn it off.

2nd- regarding track location, it would be common that somebody doesn't have turned on the GPS in his/her mobile, (personally when I go outdoor, mostly turn off GPS and many power consuming services, so that my mobile phone would not run out of power at the end of the day)

**my suggestion to Samsung and Google is to add "remote turn on GPS" to the service, so in case of stolen/lost mobile its yet applicable to track and find it back.

hope to see above improvements at their service