cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlyeh3K2had
Astronaut

10+ 5G date and time issues

The date and time of my wife's 10+5G is wrong. It's effecting texts and various other things. The home screen time and date is wrong and so is the lock screen. She's getting texts dated for December 25.

I've verified that her settings are correct and the same as mine. We've restarted it many times. Tried a lot of different suggestions like verifying the roaming home location was correct.

Not sure what to do next other than just take it into t-mobile. 

9 REPLIES 9
user8WxTuzFFlN
Constellation

Re: 10+ 5G date and time issues

I am having exactly the same issue. If i cannot get it resolved tomorrow will be switching it out during the 14 day period for an Iphone.

userwqXf4ypeUB
Astronaut

I am having this same issue. When I woke this morning (Dec 18th) my clock said it was 8:40 EST. When I looked at my phone because the alarm didnt ring the date & time said Dec 23rd at 5:20am. This is very concerning. After I connected to wifi it reset correctly.

Any suggestions?

userfvHnyB6xls
Constellation

Same here, but I notice that when the cellular band switched from 5G to 4GLTE is when the time and date change. I don't know if tmobile knows about this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is your device set to  Automatic date and time or Manual date and time?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

gmtom1
Asteroid

It's related to the GPS issue. The phone cannot maintain a GPS lock when it's connected to 5G

gmtom1
Asteroid

The phone gets time from the GPS satellites

userzd18Jx5z2q
Constellation

Same issues here. I was on the line with Samsung tech support for 2 solid hours trying to determine the cause. No resolution, but it's been documented now. It's happened 5 times since and I'm not sure what to do from here.

userhH85R0yWlr
Constellation

I had the same exact problem. I thought my phone was defective. I went into T-Mobile and I got a replacement. Same exact problem with the new one. It was so frustrating. I went back and I switched to iPhone pro max. No problems anymore. Love the Samsung but not gonna get one until they fix it. It was messing with my messages, calls etc.. 

Highlighted
usergix6ixqDem
Constellation

This is happening with both of mine and they often have zero data upload speed even with 4 or 5 bars.