cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxMPGg1efIf
Constellation

2 Note 10+ phones do not stay connected through bluetooth on BMW 528 and 535...

My wife and I each have a Note 10+, hers is ATT, mine is unlocked. In both of our cars using either of our phones, bluetooth stays connected for maybe 30 seconds. It reconnects after a minute then disconnects after another 30 seconds. After the car is turned off then back on, the phone is gone. I have tried factory resets, wiped cache partitions, sync'd in safe mode, and have changed the bluetooth AVRCP versions. Nothing has worked. My mechanic told me after the last major android update, he has a lot of clients that are having the same issue I am. SAMSUNG is there a fix for this?? I need my phone to work in my car for work. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
LOVEatSAMSUNG
Constellation

Re: 2 Note 10+ phones do not stay connected through bluetooth on BMW 528 and 5..

Dont use BMW simple

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: 2 Note 10+ phones do not stay connected through bluetooth on BMW 528 and 5..

This is more of a BMW issue. I have a Camry and my Note 10+ connects fine.

Stanl56
Samsung Care Ambassador
Unlocked Note 10+ (SM-N975U1) on AT&T
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

userxMPGg1efIf
Constellation

Had to return my Note 10+ for a separate reason and my Note 8 works fine in the car. Does that tell me anything?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 2 Note 10+ phones do not stay connected through bluetooth on BMW 528 and 535...

@userxMPGg1efIf wrote:

My wife and I each have a Note 10+, hers is ATT, mine is unlocked. In both of our cars using either of our phones, bluetooth stays connected for maybe 30 seconds. It reconnects after a minute then disconnects after another 30 seconds. After the car is turned off then back on, the phone is gone. I have tried factory resets, wiped cache partitions, sync'd in safe mode, and have changed the bluetooth AVRCP versions. Nothing has worked. My mechanic told me after the last major android update, he has a lot of clients that are having the same issue I am. SAMSUNG is there a fix for this?? I need my phone to work in my car for work. Please help!

@userxMPGg1efIf 

I own Note10(not +) on T-Mobile.  I don't have BMW but I drive 2016 Mini Cooper and haven't experienced issues with my phone.  I also drove on 2019 MINI Countryman, 2019 MINI 2 door softtop and Ford Focus 2018 and no issues with bluetooth connection. 

1) Remove your old devices from your phone's and your car's bluetooth list.  Delete pairings, turn off your phone, then back on.  Pair again

2) Don't know how old your vehicles are but there could be an update to the infotainment system as well.  The bmw website or dealer should at least tell you if you are running current version.

userb5ChHwiY07
Constellation

Re: 2 Note 10+ phones do not stay connected through bluetooth on BMW 528 and 535...

I have a Samsung S10 and have the same problem of this phone connecting and disconnecting with my Ford and Lincoln which are new.  Lincoln replaced the APIM however that did not correct the problem and say it's a Samsung issue.  I had a Samsung S8 which I never had any connectivity issues on these vehicles.  I've read and done everything suggested but I still have the same problem.  Is there any relief in site from Samsung for this issue?