cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CosmicFreddy
Constellation

2 issues - GBoard and Outlook notifications

I have 2 issues I'm hoping sdomeone can help with.

Issue #1, I prefer Googles "GBoard" keyboard.  When I d/l it and activate it, it works as usual.  Within a short period of time, my keyboard reverts to using the default samsung.  Even if I click the Gear above the keyboard, it shows me settings for GBoard, but the keyboard is obviously Samsung.

I tried, clearing cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling.  For a bit it was working.  Next time I opened my phone, back to the same old issue.  Frustrating, because honestly the samsung keyboard is vastly less accurate then GBoard.

Issue #2.  First day, noritications for Outlook appeared on my S3 watch.  Then within a day, they disappeared. Well, disappeared isn't correct, they just don't vibrate, sound or anything.  All other notifications seem to work fine, except for outlook.  I'm not sure if the issues is Samsung Wearable, my S3 Frontier or a bug in outlook.  Very frustrating, as this is the killer feature for me.

And yes, I know where the notification settings are in Wearables and Outlook/Accounts.

If I cannot resolve these 2 issues, I will be forced to look at alternatives, so please if you have any thoughts, please share them  

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2 issues - GBoard and Outlook notifications

Does the keyboard revert on all apps? Do you have any themes installed or a third-party launcher? Is the software up to date on your device? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 2 issues - GBoard and Outlook notifications

@CosmicFreddy wrote:

I have 2 issues I'm hoping sdomeone can help with.

Issue #1, I prefer Googles "GBoard" keyboard.  When I d/l it and activate it, it works as usual.  Within a short period of time, my keyboard reverts to using the default samsung.  Even if I click the Gear above the keyboard, it shows me settings for GBoard, but the keyboard is obviously Samsung.

I tried, clearing cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling.  For a bit it was working.  Next time I opened my phone, back to the same old issue.  Frustrating, because honestly the samsung keyboard is vastly less accurate then GBoard.

Issue #2.  First day, noritications for Outlook appeared on my S3 watch.  Then within a day, they disappeared. Well, disappeared isn't correct, they just don't vibrate, sound or anything.  All other notifications seem to work fine, except for outlook.  I'm not sure if the issues is Samsung Wearable, my S3 Frontier or a bug in outlook.  Very frustrating, as this is the killer feature for me.

And yes, I know where the notification settings are in Wearables and Outlook/Accounts.

If I cannot resolve these 2 issues, I will be forced to look at alternatives, so please if you have any thoughts, please share them  

Issue 1) I use this keyboard - Try downloading SwiftKey Keyboard(link below), at least to try it and see if it will default back to Samsung keyboard. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

Issue 2) Does outlook app notify you of new emails properly on your phone(vibration/sound)?

Turn off your phone, then back on.  Do the same with your watch as well.