cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQIegIZ6aw3
Constellation

2 numbers, 1 phone...how to receive calls and texts

Hello everybody, I need help!!! Here's the deal. I am buying the S10 Note + and am trying to decide if I need to purchase 2 of them. The reason being is that I have 2 phone numbers but I only want to carry one phone. One number is my personal number that I've had for over 20 years and the second is a number that I am using to run a small business (and no, it's not a business line).  I need to be able to receive calls AND TEXTS to both of my phone numbers on just the one phone. I have spent over 4 hours talking to both my carrier and Samsung regarding this issue and have heard every story. I also heard that if I want real hard facts that I would find them here on this chat board. The calls will be no problem as I can just have the second phone number forwarded to the other...but I REALLY NEED the text messages for both numbers to be recieved by one phone as this is how I mainly communicate for my small business. The idea of having a phone with dual sim card capacity is not an option for me.  One Samsung rep told me that if I just sync them and the texts for both numbers would go to one phone. As I was skeptical I called back and the next rep told me that would not work. I also wouldn't be able to use a 3rd party app like WhatsApp as everybody else would have to also have that app and that would not be practical dealing with multiple different customers each day.  I was also told by my carrier rep that there was an app called MYSMS that would handle this for me but reading up on it I didnt see anything that convinced  me that it would. I need to figure this out soon as I am going to pre order the phone tomorrow and need to know if I need to order one or two  phones. I'm not very tech savvy so any info is appreciated. Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung_Y63KYE2
Astronaut

Here's what you need to do. Don't buy the note 10 get the...

Here's what you need to do. Don't buy the note 10 get the note 9 😉

xMONST3RxGx
Astronaut

You need the app 2ndLine. I use it for my small business...

You need the app 2ndLine. I use it for my small business as well. It allows you get a completely different number so your not giving out your person number.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: 2 numbers, 1 phone...how to receive calls and texts

Hello. If you're a T Mobile subscriber you can inquire about Digits for one of the 2 lines. This will facilitate access to line activity from a PC, tablet, or other devices compatible with the Digits program. 

For other carriers I'm unfamiliar with features comparable to Digits (TMO). Though, I've heard that people can forward calls to Google Voice numbers. 

Where the N10s are concerned, well, the US variants are single SIM. The N10+ has a microSD slot, except it's not for a 2nd SIM. Whether you purchase 1 or 2 is a choice for you to make. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: 2 numbers, 1 phone...how to receive calls and texts

You would either need to get a dual SIM Note10 or use Google Voice https://voice.google.com/ or a similar service.