cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user67Y5JsDPk7
Cosmic Ray

3 to 4 years of software updates

Samsung, its past time you all gave longer support for your phones. We have high end premium devices and it would be ridiculous to not provide longer support for the S10 and Note 10. I get it, you want people to upgrade every 2 years. Why not support older devices and continue selling them in the store at cheaper prices if revenue is a concern? One of the main reason people leave Samsung devices is due to support, major updates. That's your one flaw. Support your devices. You should never want to lag behind a company on anything and this is one of the areas you are falling behind on. Imagine me having to shelf the Note 10 2 years from now due to lack of support. That just doesnt make sense to me. If Apple can give 5 years support, the minimum you can do for a high end company like you is 3 years.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: 3 to 4 years of software updates

@user67Y5JsDPk7 wrote:

Samsung, its past time you all gave longer support for your phones. We have high end premium devices and it would be ridiculous to not provide longer support for the S10 and Note 10. I get it, you want people to upgrade every 2 years. Why not support older devices and continue selling them in the store at cheaper prices if revenue is a concern? One of the main reason people leave Samsung devices is due to support, major updates. That's your one flaw. Support your devices. You should never want to lag behind a company on anything and this is one of the areas you are falling behind on. Imagine me having to shelf the Note 10 2 years from now due to lack of support. That just doesnt make sense to me.

It's not like the phone stops working after two years. I still have two Tab S2 tablets wuth Android 7.0 and they both work fine. With Nova launcher I can't even tell the difference other than not having a dark mode.

If Apple can give 5 years support, the minimum you can do for a high end company like you is 3 years.

Software development cost money and takes time. Unlike Apple, Samsung releases dozens of models and variants every year and at some point, it's just not cost effective for them to continue to spend resources on older devices. Plus I'm sure they do want people to upgrade every couple of years, but regardless, it's a business decision and I think most of us just kind of used to it by now.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get updates longer too. Just don't think they will change their strategy anytime soon.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1