cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thedukeoftenors
Astronaut

45 watt super fast charger

I bought 3 45 watt super fast chargers from Samsung's website. It took a month to ship and I see absolutely no difference in charging speed. The phone doesn't even seem to know the differences between the chargers. Has anyone else have a different experience?

9 REPLIES 9
Honored Contributor

Re: 45 watt super fast charger

@Thedukeoftenors wrote:

I bought 3 45 watt super fast chargers from Samsung's website. It took a month to ship and I see absolutely no difference in charging speed. The phone doesn't even seem to know the differences between the chargers. Has anyone else have a different experience?

Here is another thread.  The difference may not be too noticeable.  Also the temperature of the device comes into play.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Note-10-Super-Fast-Charger/td-p/844682

Owen-M
Galaxy

It's only about a 10% difference in charging speed than the 25 watt one that came in the box. Ex. After 30 mins the 25 watt charger would be at 60% and the 45 watt charger would be att 70%

Thedukeoftenors
Astronaut

Everything in the link confirms my findings that the 45 watt Charger is a huge rip off. A 10 minute difference between the 25 and 45 watt charger for $50 is ridiculous. The superfast was a big reason I bought the note 10 plus. I wish the the charger didnt take so long to ship so I could of return this phone.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Thedukeoftenors @Owen-M  the advantage of the 45w charger is that, when very low, you will be gaining charge faster than with the 25w. As the phone increases in charge it automatically (around 80%) reduces the wattage to put less strain on the battery and ensure safe temperature and operation. I personally think the 45w charger is great! 

Thedukeoftenors
Astronaut

Even at 0% its still a 10 minute difference. At $50 that's $5 per minute over the free charger that came in the box. They call it the superfast charger. That name is patently false and feels intentionally deceptive.

Samsung Care Ambassador

I got my 45 watt charger for free. There isn't much of a difference. I wouldn't purchase a $50 charger just for an extra 10% of battery in 30 minutes.

Samsung Care Ambassador

it was tested to some and for 45W it take 50 Minute from zero to 100% battery with screen off for 25W it's about 1 hour and 10+ minutes. For me I would go for 45W if you are always on the go.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Jinfry
Astronaut

Time is money, personally i wouldnt get it but some people could want to save that extra 10-15min, especially if they are traveling often.

Robstunner
Cosmic Ray

You need to have a note 10+ to take advantage of the 45w charging and the 12w fast wireless charging