cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userOWBmWuR45i
Astronaut

A new phone

For how long do you guys think that I should charge my new phone battery ?
Do I need to charge it for 12 or 24h ?
Or should I start using it when opening it ?

6 REPLIES 6
Starchaser
Galaxy

Re: A new phone

Charge it until it says battery fully charged. These newer battery don't develop a memory like the older batteries.

Sir_Garrison
Astronaut

Yeah I'd go until it says fully charged. Also you can turn fast charging on or off. I generally keep mine off unless I need some last minute charging before work.

Samsung_9FHJ6aw
Astronaut

Your phone should come at least 40% out of the box ,but there are no wrong or right ways cause the lithium ion has no memory as the old gadgets(remember camcorders) then our early phones and the whole battery fire problem has been more than rectified except on Tesla models lol. But I never experienced or my friends had that issue with Samsung products and I'm usually mother goose when people follow my lead.But use only the charger provided that's made for your gadget. I'm sure the original Tesla (the inventor of AC CURRENT) I'm sure agrees if you care to read all those little # s on your charger cause they mean a lot and keep us safe and ultimately just charge as needed cause there are no bonuses when charging different ways especially on Samsung anything

Samsung Care Ambassador

Fully charge it.

grosa196059
Cosmic Ray

On average after fill charge, always charge to 80% You will extend your life span of the battery to 200%. It only cost 0.26 cycles in wear. Every time your phone goes through a charging cycle, your battery wears out. Try Accubattery to monitor your battery. Also, charge your phone when it goes down to 20% not 0%. As for reasons stated above.

MrBoiCat19
Astronaut

Everyday I make sure my device is almost dead before time to go to sleep so then I can not worry for it to be plugged in when it's at %60

But mines at 28% so wont I go to bed then that's when I charge my phone