cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The AKG earbuds that came with the phone (USB type-C) is not working when I plug it into my phone. I have no other means of finding out if they work with other devices as everyone else in my household is with Apple. 

Problem: When I plug the earbuds into the phone, the phone will still play music through its speakers and Not through tht e earbuds. I have tried waiting a little bit and it's still not working. I have cleared the cache partition and downloaded the app: Samsung Type-C. To no avail, the phone is still playing sound through the speakers. Charging the phone is completely fine though..

Any other suggestions Samsung? These are the only earbuds that I have because I lost my Gear iconX a couple weeks ago.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are several possible factors why sound is not playing from the headphones. It could be as simple as the volume is too low, or possible physical damage to the headphones.

Give this link a try for some troubleshooting steps regarding your AKG USB type-C headphones: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001072/

If you still continue to experience these symptoms I would recommend an accessory exchange. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Bill of Sale:
Model Code for phone:

IMEI Number for phone:

Picture of your AKG USB-C headphones:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are several possible factors why sound is not playing from the headphones. It could be as simple as the volume is too low, or possible physical damage to the headphones.

Give this link a try for some troubleshooting steps regarding your AKG USB type-C headphones: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001072/

If you still continue to experience these symptoms I would recommend an accessory exchange. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Bill of Sale:
Model Code for phone:

IMEI Number for phone:

Picture of your AKG USB-C headphones:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Note 10+ not recognising USB C headphones

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 10+ not recognising USB C headphones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently found my Note 10+ has stopped recognising the bundled AKG USB C headphones.

A USB device is detected and the phone seems to be attempting to charge it.

I have tried switching the "USB controlled by" setting to "This phone" but it immediately switches back to "connected device".

I have tried booting into safe mode and wiping the cache to no avail.

Any advice appreciated. 

Thanks

Andrew

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try downloading the Samsung ANC Type-C app from the Galaxy Store, it fixed it for me.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for responding. Tried this and still not working. My phone still sees the headphones as a USB device and tries to charge it.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you updated your device recently?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was an update to the USB Audio driver a few days ago after which the headphones worked fine.

A system update landed yesterday, I think that may be the cause of the problem. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it's the same in safe mode.