JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

(Topic created: 01-16-2020 06:06 AM)
userhmbuaC6lH7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The AKG earbuds that came with the phone (USB type-C) is not working when I plug it into my phone. I have no other means of finding out if they work with other devices as everyone else in my household is with Apple. 

Problem: When I plug the earbuds into the phone, the phone will still play music through its speakers and Not through tht e earbuds. I have tried waiting a little bit and it's still not working. I have cleared the cache partition and downloaded the app: Samsung Type-C. To no avail, the phone is still playing sound through the speakers. Charging the phone is completely fine though..

Any other suggestions Samsung? These are the only earbuds that I have because I lost my Gear iconX a couple weeks ago.

77 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

There are several possible factors why sound is not playing from the headphones. It could be as simple as the volume is too low, or possible physical damage to the headphones.

Give this link a try for some troubleshooting steps regarding your AKG USB type-C headphones: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001072/

If all the troubleshooting steps provided don't resolve the symptoms you are experiencing I would recommend a service repair. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

If you have an international device I would recommend reaching out to the country in which your device was manufactured for you us for further assistance with the appropriate troubleshooting for your device: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recently found my Note 10+ has stopped recognising the bundled AKG USB C headphones.

A USB device is detected and the phone seems to be attempting to charge it.

I have tried switching the "USB controlled by" setting to "This phone" but it immediately switches back to "connected device".

I have tried booting into safe mode and wiping the cache to no avail.

Any advice appreciated. 

Thanks

Andrew

userEexaJckd14
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try downloading the Samsung ANC Type-C app from the Galaxy Store, it fixed it for me.

userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for responding. Tried this and still not working. My phone still sees the headphones as a USB device and tries to charge it.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you updated your device recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

There was an update to the USB Audio driver a few days ago after which the headphones worked fine.

A system update landed yesterday, I think that may be the cause of the problem. 

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

0 Likes
userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes it's the same in safe mode.

0 Likes