JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

(Topic created: 01-17-2020 04:34 AM)
userhmbuaC6lH7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The AKG earbuds that came with the phone (USB type-C) is not working when I plug it into my phone. I have no other means of finding out if they work with other devices as everyone else in my household is with Apple. 

Problem: When I plug the earbuds into the phone, the phone will still play music through its speakers and Not through tht e earbuds. I have tried waiting a little bit and it's still not working. I have cleared the cache partition and downloaded the app: Samsung Type-C. To no avail, the phone is still playing sound through the speakers. Charging the phone is completely fine though..

Any other suggestions Samsung? These are the only earbuds that I have because I lost my Gear iconX a couple weeks ago.

77 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.  
Follow these steps:  
- Turn off the device. 
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key. 
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys. 
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear. 
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. 
- Press Power key to select. 
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select. 
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted. 
- Press the Power key to restart the device. 
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've tried this again (having tried this before posting). Both times there was no delay either whilst installing system update (the message appears and disappears too quickly to read), or as the cache is wiped (near instantaneous).

The phone reboots even more quickly than it would normally after a powering off.

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I understand. I recommend trying a factory reset. Please make sure to back up all data prior to doing so.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userrLtoleqLOe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i had the same problem last week . I updated software and solved it. Today i unchecked some audio setting and the problem seems to be back ( so i'm guessing there is no problem ) but now now i can' find that setting anymore . Help help help i need music

0 Likes
userZRTPy8soWl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same Here! I tried everything possible but still the sound is coming out of speakers instead of connected AKG Type C headsets

0 Likes
zeroride21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

USB headphones ever work? Not all are compatible. You can also go to: About click Build til developer mode is unlocked and make sure USB routing is on.

0 Likes
userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Lol, I'd be astonished if the bundled headphones weren't compatible! USB routing is on.

A factory reset will have to wait till morning when my phone is fully charged.

Thanks all and I'll update when done.

0 Likes
userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've now done a factory reset (via the settings app) and this has made no difference at all, the headphones are still recognised as a device which the phone tries to charge.

0 Likes
useroHFHdToCUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You have to talk to the person whose a head of customer service. And if that person can't fix your problem then you ask to talk to the person a head of that person. And talk to them respectfully. And make sure you take each person full name. You have warranty they will fix it or replace it. Samsung is a great company and excellent customer service but there are times you must go above them. I know you are angry but you have to be respectful.

0 Likes
userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, no I'm not angry lol (not yet). I've dealt with Samsung customer service many times and always been happy.

0 Likes