JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 03:31 AM)
userhmbuaC6lH7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The AKG earbuds that came with the phone (USB type-C) is not working when I plug it into my phone. I have no other means of finding out if they work with other devices as everyone else in my household is with Apple. 

Problem: When I plug the earbuds into the phone, the phone will still play music through its speakers and Not through tht e earbuds. I have tried waiting a little bit and it's still not working. I have cleared the cache partition and downloaded the app: Samsung Type-C. To no avail, the phone is still playing sound through the speakers. Charging the phone is completely fine though..

Any other suggestions Samsung? These are the only earbuds that I have because I lost my Gear iconX a couple weeks ago.

77 Replies
userT7VaUckDQh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungRei wrote:

If troubleshooting is not helpful, please send a private message with the full model code of the phone, the IMEI number of the phone, and a copy of the receipt or lease agreement from the service provider so we may look into your options. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Will you help me too? Having the same issue and basic troubleshooting did not work.

0 Likes
PoSmedley
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is NOT a cord issue, or adapter issue, or a connection issue. This is an UPDATE issue. Look at the timelines of complaints. that tend to cluster around certain dates. The fact that both mine and my wifes Note 10 headphones stopped working on the same day...AFTER A SECURITY UPDATE...is proof that this is somehow a software issue. Samsung, Verizon, or both  needs to step up and admit to it.

This is the first Note I purchased since the nightmare my wife and I went through with the Note 7. NEVER again will I purchase a NOTE and possibly a Samsung device until they become more transparent about these types of incidents. There are a PLETHORA  of phones out that are more than adaquate for my needs that cost a lot less and perhaps on my next upgrade I will be looking at them. In the meantime, this issue needs to be addressed openly and fixed asap.

Some of us rely heavily on the headphones. My phone is not even a year old. I shouldn't be walking around with a defective phone because you can't admit to screwing up somewhere and have us wiping cache's or sending phones back for repair when it is obviously a software/update issue. Even if the updates are intended to fix a hardware issue that is causing this because you caught the problem after the fact (and stuck how many people with your product), you need to be transparent. You shouldn't send us on some stupid scavenger hunt for fixes.

0 Likes
PoSmedley
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

WHO , IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS SANE, POSTED THIS ISSUE AS SOLVED!!!! IT IS NOT.  It is not a dirty port. It's software. "The fact that both mine and my wifes Note 10 headphones stopped working on the same day...AFTER A SECURITY UPDATE...is proof that this is somehow a software issue." Not to mention ALL the other posts made in the same time period.2020-07-30_192846.png

Get it together and please adress and fix this issue.

user6oHBprhuVn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I completely agree. For example ive been using a dongle so that i can listen through different earbuds and the phone just doesnt detect it all the sudden, even though it has worked a little while ago. Its just annoying when you spend 1500 on a phone and i cant use a pair of earbuds i wanna use. Even my akg earbuds wouldnt connect properly before too. It would constantly cut out saying charging. Im most likely just never going to buy a phone with no headphone jack again. Its so annoying.

0 Likes
user3uMmboqeDZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, bro is it solved?  my one still not function..

0 Likes
userw92eDqyJJL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The USB-C headphones that came with my device suddenly stopped working recently. (I noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago). The sound just plays right out of my phone's speakers.

I've tried other headphones and had the same issue so I don't think it's the headphones themselves. I even bought another pair of AKG headphones and had the same problem so I don't think it's  anything to do with the model of the phone.

I also have no problem charging the phone so I don't believe it's an issue with a dirty or bad port.

I have to believe that since it came upon suddenly it's due to a software update.

0 Likes
wmcslustx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I just got my phone 2 weeks ago and I'm having the same issue with my USB-C AKG original headsets provided in the box. The port is definitely not dirty, it charges normally so I it must be either the headsets are defective or a software issue. This is clearly not resolved if so many are experiencing the same problem. I really wish there was more transparency from Samsung and something can be done to resolve this quickly.
0 Likes
user1N7TRlKIUB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue here, headset not detected. Clearly a software issue as it started just after most recent system update. Samsung, get on it!!!

0 Likes
userQKj6lbpkxD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same Issue here. 

Phone does not recognise my headset, instead it displays a notification "Charging connected device via USB".

also the problem appeared a few weeks a ago ( more than a month) and I cleaned the port and all... nothing helped!!

can you please support? 

0 Likes
MissMariss
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I was using my type-C earbuds in the car. I arrived in a different town and all of a sudden, my earbuds will not work while plugged in. I can charge my phone, but the phone is still playing sound through speakers when earbuds are plugged in.
0 Likes