cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: AOD not turning off in pocket

While we appreciate your online research, internet postings are only a small percentage compared to reported claims. Any issues related to Samsung products would be readily available on our website.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Spicoli_SGT
Cosmic Ray

So the issue I'm having with my Samsung product is not Samsungs issue? I've reported it here, I've reported it in the app, I've sent feedback to Samsung support.. This has been an issue every since the S10 was released all the way back in March. How else am I supposed to report it directly to Samsung other than through this Samsung app or the Samsung community forums which is on the Samsung website..?

This was never an issue on the S7, S8, or S9, this is only an issue that started on the S10s.  When the Always On Display is set to continous, it should turn off to conserve power when face down or in your pocket (proximity sensor covered up).

userk347DLHaZO
Asteroid

Hi, 

Can you please check my solution below ? wonder if its really the case with a bug with AOD or not.

- Turn accidental touch protection on.

- turn AOD off. 

- cover the sensors with something.

- tap few times on screen, it will open to the lock screen and the accidental protection will pop on the screen !! I missed that popup 

- turn the AOD on again, and the accidental protection feature is broken. 

Hi, 

Can you please check my solution below ? wonder if its really the case with a bug with AOD or not.

- Turn accidental touch protection on.

- turn AOD off. 

- cover the sensors with something.

- tap few times on screen, it will open to the lock screen and the accidental protection will pop on the screen !! I missed that popup 

- turn the AOD on again, and the accidental protection feature is broken. 

I tried that and the accidental protection feature is working.  With AOD off and ATP on, the screen will not turn on when double tapped (double tap to wake is on).  So this leads me to believe it is a bug with the AOD simply not turning off when the proximity sensor is covered like it has with the phones S7 through S9 (including notes in that timeframe).  I hope Samsung will implement this feature with AOD in a future update.

Highlighted
userk347DLHaZO
Asteroid

Good to know, thanks for your reply. samsung wanted me to take my phone to a repair shop. 

I hate it when companies does that, with "can" answers like this. 

this issue is clearly bug related. what is the problem of just saying: "thank you for finding out this bug, we will address it soon" ? 

why it always has to be a user fault or a device fault and not a bug on your end ? its not a shame to just admit and fix it. 

Spicoli_SGT
Cosmic Ray

I can also confirm that my accidental touch protection works as intended while the AOD is turned off