Original topic:

Accessing secure folder with screen not working

(Topic created on: 1/11/21 2:39 PM)
Enrique1985
Asteroid
Options
Note10

My screen isn't working, it's cracked and whenever phone is tried to power on it's completely white. I already have a replacement note 20 ultra. I backed up almost everything but my secure folder isn't able to backup. Is there a way for me to access it through plugging in on my pc?

0 Likes
10 Replies
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note10
plug the phone via usbc to HDMI cable into a television and you should see everything there on the tv
0 Likes
Enrique1985
Asteroid
Options
Note10
the problem is the screen is black so it isn't really accepting touch prompts as well.
0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note10
ok so the next thing to try is dock it to a windows computer, and with dex you can use mouse and keyboard
0 Likes
Enrique1985
Asteroid
Options
Note10
ok so when I try to do this it says I have to tap start now and I'm unable to see where it is
0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note10
so tap everywhere...

the other thing you can do is get the screen replaced, back up your data, the wipe the phone and sell it if you don't need it anymore
0 Likes
Enrique1985
Asteroid
Options
Note10
best buy replaced my phone and is having me send back the phone. I got the DEX to work and I'm in the DEX phone I guess but I can't seem to find the secure folder. the dex isn't showing the same layout as my phone had
0 Likes
Enrique1985
Asteroid
Options
Note10
ok so I got most of my stuff i needed out except for the secure folder, when I try accessing it through DEX it says use your phone to unlock
0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note10
are you able to get to Knox? Knox will backup secured folder
0 Likes
Enrique1985
Asteroid
Options
Note10
yes but when I click on the folder on the DEX it says to unlock it on my phone which I can't do because it won't show me the pattern or recognize my finger slides
0 Likes