cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carbs
Asteroid

Add Android Music folder to Samsung Music app.

I have approx 100Gb of music downloaded to the default Android Music folder on my phone's  internal storage. Is there a way to make the Samsung Music app see this folder full of music? I can't see a way to add folders under the Folders tab within Samsung Music, and there is no 'scan my device' option that I can see either. 

Phone is a Note 10+ on Verizon with latest system updates. The Android Music folder with all my music in it does not contain any .nomedia files.

Any help much appreciated 😊

4 REPLIES 4
userlZcP9dLF2X
Constellation

Re: Add Android Music folder to Samsung Music app.

I would suggest that you put them in your downloads folder. My S10+ has no problem finding them there.

I have all of mine on the sdcard in the Music directory. I have the name if the artist as sub directories. Samsung music sees them all, and I don't recall doing anything special.

usergqC6XR4b1B
Constellation

Not sure what Samsung music is but any how I think u should check permissions on that app and also try moving one or two music files to your download audio or music file .. maybe that will work. I've ran into that problem before on other players.. try it carbs.

max_fremen
Constellation

Hi!

It seems like Samsung Music Player has something to do with folder names. I had similar issue adding default "Podcasts" folder to its library. Had to rename it "Podcasts☆" and it was instantly added to the library.