cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRX6x9kYu5l
Asteroid

Add to Homescreen not working

just bought a note 10 + yesterday, love it.  but trying to go through chrome to add webpages to homescreen.  i get to a webpage, click on 3 dots, then click on "add to home screen".  the phone says it puts it on the home screen, but no where to be found.  i am running Nova Launcher Prime 5.0.1 by the way . is there some setting i need to alter in Nova?

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Add to Homescreen not working

Do you have your home screen locked from having apps moved or added to the home screen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userV1fGr6gT8B
Asteroid

how do i check on this?

i go to settings-lock screen- and for lock screen type, i have "none".

is this what you are referring to?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The setting I am referencing to is located at this pathway:

Settings>Display>Home Screen> Lock Home Screen Layout and ensure that you don't have Home Screen locked from apps being moved, or added to the screen. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRX6x9kYu5l
Asteroid

samsungdell---thanks for responding back.  

interestingly enough, when i go to this setting, the "Home screen" section is grayed out.  do you know why?

userRX6x9kYu5l
Asteroid

by the way, as mentioned before, i am using nova launcher, not the stock launcher.  not sure if this has to do with anything.  but i switch back to the native launcher, i do see all these webpages added.  but not when i go to nova launcher.  but what is weird is that nova launcher used to allow me to add these with no problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

Thank you for confirming that information. If it doesn't happen when you are running the stock launcher, this would be something you would want to speak with the developers of your other launcher about the symptoms you are having.

Thanks for giving the steps a try for the stock launcher. 

I would reach out to them directly for further assistance.