cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LostStonerBoy
Cosmic Ray

Adding motion effect, or movement to a still image?

I remember recently seeing a commercial for the Note 10 line of devices in which the person in the commerical was able to take a still photo and add motion to certain parts of the photo they selected.

The two examples I remember are of a water fall and of a stream.

For example they outlined the water part of the waterfall using their s pen and then they drug across the screen from the top of the selected area of the waterfall to the bottom of the waterfall and add motion in the direction they have drug totheir s pen, to make it look as if the waterfall was actually moving, or flowing  even though it wasn't.

Then for the stream they used their s pen to outline the water parts of the stream, and then drag their pen across the water which had a bend in it so about halfway across they s curved following the water around the curve, and then added motion to the water in the direction they had drug their pen, making the water appear as if it was moving, even though it wasn't.

Has anyone else seen this?

Do you know what it's called?

Do you know how to add and or access it?

I will appreciate any help that anyone is able to give!

Please and thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
FatherSans
Explorer

Re: Adding motion effect, or movement to a still image?

So I use Adobe Premiere Rush for all my editing for video and pictures. It has what you're wanting to do and then some, really brings out the potential of what the Note can do as far as rendering, editing, and exporting video and images. You get 3 free exports and can edit as much as you want. However, if you pay a few extra bucks a month you get a bunch of free storage, infinite exports and other benefits, give it a peep.

LostStonerBoy
Cosmic Ray

@FatherSans 

It always is bummer when u can't just pay a couple bucks to the devs and get everything unlocked forever.

So you don't know of any built in features like this anywhere in the note 10 or 10+ plus though?

ampsauce
Constellation

I'm not aware of the note having this built-in, but there's an app that does this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lightricks.pixaloop

FatherSans
Explorer

I basically exausted all resources the stock video and photo editor give you, which dont get me wrong you are provided a moderate amount of tools, but not really premium grade editing software quality. So I found about this app and messed with it extensively until I felt comfortable using it as my go to editor, and now pay for that subscription. It gives even more interesting using it with the Dex Pad or the Dex App because it just feels like you are editing with Adobe After Effects lol. Point im trying to make is unless you dont find yourself editing regulalry, you would be better off finding a more tones down free app to apply the effect.

FatherSans
Explorer

If you still need help feel free to bump your post, if not, please select a comment for the best solution/answer. It closes the thread, heping with forum clutter, and moderator rescoures.