JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-21-2020 02:32 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
Hill_7
Asteroid
Options

I've seen a bunch of others comment about this issue online, but I'm seeing an increased number of ads in stock apps like Samsung Pay and weather. They're pop-up ones, appearing at the top and bottom of the weather app and on top of the pay screen in Samsung Pay. I've disabled customization service numerous times, and I've even reset my phone and made sure to disable customization service from the get go. Does anyone know how else I could solve this issue?

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options

It's not an issue. Samsung says it "makes your flagship experience better," so you'd better get used to it. Ads have even been seen in OneUI itself, and it's just a matter of time before we all get that "feature."

0 Likes
Samsung_bhopnSk
Constellation
Options

Recently in the past month, everyone has realized just how much ads are everywhere on Samsung flagship phones these days. 

• Everyone on Reddit/r/samsung complains about it
  • Now on r/Android, there's a post blowing up crazy since yesterday. Just read the comments there.
  • Well known Samsung leakers like Max Weinbach from XDA, and Ice Universe both dislike it too.
  • In this Twitter poll with 22K sample, almost everyone thinks ads on Samsung phones are not acceptable. 

I don't know who at Samsung thought putting ads on such a premium device would be a good idea. It lowers Samsung's brand image, lowers user experience, and has a long-lasting impact on brand trust. Those things are not easy to recover or build. Did people at Samsung really thought this short-sighted decision is worth a tiny bit of extra $$? I think most people would prefer a $50 more expensive phone with no ads than a phone that's cheaper with ads. Samsung flagships already cost so much money, so why do they have ads in the first place?

If Samsung doesn't do something about this before the launch of the Note 20, reviewers will deduct points for ads in software, and in turn, sales will lower. It's a net negative. How are the product managers at Samsung not seeing this? It's a bad decision from every angle. 

BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
This ^^^^

I agree 100 percent. paying 1000 dollars or more for a premium flagship phone should be ad free. Seriously Samsung what was you thinking of doing this.
sonic65101
Halo
Options

I just read about this in a news story while I was looking up info about the Samsung Galaxy S20, the phone I was planning on upgrading to, but now I'm not so certain I'll be choosing it. If there's one thing I won't tolerate ads in, it's a core app vital to the device's basic functionality like the Phone app. It's completely unacceptable, even moreso on a phone that costs hundreds of dollars.

Taiseer
Cosmic Ray
Options
same thing happened with me, it's despicable, other companies don't enforce this kind of behavior on their customers. sorry Samsung you just lost a loyal customer.
0 Likes
Options

Samsung is the only OEM that I know of that floods their native stock apps with Ads. It is the most annoying thing ever. Like who does that?! Why would you ever do something like that to your consumers?! I vote for all Ads to be removed from stock apps Samsung.

EkSingh
Constellation
Options

Their are ads in Samsung pay, music, Galaxy store and all over one ui. Samsung should not put adds on the default system apps or any samsung apps.

Zoiid
Constellation
Options

Why am I suddenly getting ads in a phone I paid for !?!? Are you kidding me samsung and yes iv opted to not get ads in ever app i can yet Ads in the default weather app and ads in my samsung pay ? At this rate I can't wait to get a non samsung phone what a joke

userdqLHG6e61D
Asteroid
Options

I completely second this. It is embarrassing to ask this much for a phone and inject Samsung apps with ads. At least allow the option to delete these apps. Or opt out. It's crazy Samsung does not offer an ad-free experience in their flagships. It just screams cheap!

0 Likes