cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
--TheDarkPrince
Cosmic Ray

Ads in the theme store?!

Really, you added ads to the theme store?! Unbelievable. I'll be visiting it less now, especially considering that you can't skip them 

11 REPLIES 11
Nathan777
Asteroid

Re: Ads in the theme store?!

Yup, I feel the same way too.

Pann70
Asteroid

They seemed to have gone out of their way to make them as annoying as possible too. The ads are popup video ads that pop up when u start to download free content.  The free download doesn't even start till after the ad is over. Making a mental note to never, ever purchase anything that is promoted in one of these ads. 

gooFWeaR
Cosmic Ray

Yeah I just saw this same issue today. I think it's pretty sh!ty. Apple doesn't do this.

Samsung Care Ambassador

And why should we care what Apple does and doesn't do? In fact Apple doesn't do themes at all, so good luck with that. These quick ads help support the developers, and they can then makeore cool themes. It's not a bad thing.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
MiGal10
Astronaut

This isnt true.

I'm a developer and i never see a penny from these ads. They are purely for Samsung's profit.

userb4pqY27r0P
Constellation

You sound like someone who advocates for microtransactions in games. Free should be free, and the devs don't see any of this money. It all goes to samsung. "Care ambassador" LOL

gooFWeaR
Cosmic Ray

What I meant was the ads Samsung is putting in are benefiting Samsung and not the people creating the themes. Samsung even has adz in the Galaxy store. I am all for supporting the developers and the theme makers

Highlighted
FatherSans
Astronaut

Its a way Samsung can have a large majority of user made themes or text fonts for free, instead of having to pay for them. Its a similar marketing concept that a plethora of companies use, like Youtube, Netflix, Hulu....

userb4pqY27r0P
Constellation

They did just fine before the latest OS. No pop up ads, a mixture of free and pay items. Everyone was happy. Except Samsung upper-management I suppose.

Also, Netflix isn't free. And the minute they start showing ads is the minute Netflix begins to die.