Original topic:

Android 11 / OneUI 3.0 multiwindow

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 1:15 AM)
userkQwvDS99wT
Asteroid
Options
Note10
One of my biggest gripes about the new update is when I try to tab away from the 2nd window, it treats the split screen as one tab. I used to be able to leave one app open and change the 2nd app.

Is there a work-around? Is this a permanent change?
6 Replies
Options
Note10

do you use edge panel?

if you do, open edge panel, drag and drop an app to where ever you want to place it

0 Likes
userkQwvDS99wT
Asteroid
Options
Note10
I use the edge panel constantly. That's working fine. Once I have it active, that's where the new problems begin. I used to be able to hit the left action button (3 vertical lines to the left of the home button) and it would leave the top app alone and allow me to change the bottom app manually.
Options
Note10

yes, so that has been changed.

when you are in split screen mode(multi window), swipe from right screen to left to bring edge panel, then long press one of the app you want to open (switch one of splited screen) and drag it to either top or bottom of splited screen to change the app.

0 Likes
userkQwvDS99wT
Asteroid
Options
Note10
The previous flexibility was far superior, due to being vastly more user-friendly.
NickC17
Constellation
Options
Note10
yeah this new version is trash.
I like to have video player like 1/3 screen with whatever I'm doing and there is no way to open it from app edge. so I'm having to retrain my brain to always select the video player first and then the other app.
Wish they'd revert to one UI. version or just add a recent app button next to the all apps button on the edge panel so you can have the old functionality with the new functionality
userCpioOhWTr5
Constellation
Options
Note10
I'm having the same problem after updating to UI 3.0. I've checked online and there's no workaround for this.
0 Likes