cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2rAeYVfvg3
Astronaut

Android MMS Messaging

I switched from Apple to Note 10+. I cant send decent quality video files without them being blurred to death. Fix to this?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
EonDrache
Cosmic Ray

Re: Android MMS Messaging

You can download the Google messages beta and give that a try. It has rcs for the beta if you can find a video on it. Otherwise use something else for decent video files. This is one thing iPhone is way better at than android

user9f5kQA5PCn
Astronaut

Try a third party app like what's app or you can use Google hangouts. The compression engine used in the current messaging app makes videos go to a much lower quality. But for photos it's great

Honored Contributor

@user2rAeYVfvg3 wrote:

I switched from Apple to Note 10+. I cant send decent quality video files without them being blurred to death. Fix to this?

@user2rAeYVfvg3 

1) If you got a carrier branded phone it might have Advanced Messaging support.  Basically if you lets say bought a T-Mobile Note10 or any other fresh Galaxy phone and send an mms with image or video to another customer that has one of the supported phones then the quality of that video would be much better. 

2) If you have an unlocked model and you really need the video quality to be the same, then upload the file to Google Drive, share the link to the file in messages app.

3) Samsung phones have "Link Sharing" option which you can find useful but another person(to whom you are sending) should also have that

Apple sends video files through messaging similar to using Facebook Messenger between iPhones. All other phones rely on SMS or RCS. SMS has a very small file size limit. RCS can send large video files but both the sending and receiving phones have to have RCS enabled. If you aren't sure on RCS you just want to use a network messaging app like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc to send a full sized video

Amob87
Asteroid

Use linkshare. It uploads full size to server than allows you to send a link like you would with a youtube video. Then the recipient can download full quality.