As of two days ago I recieved an update to my note 10 plus. Since that update, switch to mobile data has stopped working. When I connect to my pioneer w4500, the phone senses the no internet connection and just stays on that. In other words as long as I am connected via wifi and bluetooth android auto launches but my phone will not allow data. This prevents me from using maps and any streaming services such as spotify or sxm.
To clarify, this has not been an issue and has always worked for me until the update as of dec 31.
Does anyone know a fix for this?
Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition on your device since the recent update? Try that and see if that helps any.
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.