cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

App Icon Badge Notification Frustration

Hi,

I recently upgraded from the Galaxy s6 to the Note 10+. I've noticed when I swipe away the notifications in my notification center, the badge Icon disappears. I am extremely frustrated with this feature. 

With my s6 the badge would persist until I opened the app and looked at what it was notifying me about. For example, if I had six unread text messages, I'd have a persistent bage notification until I opened all the text messages. I loved this feature because it prevented me from missing or forgetting about any texts. 

Currently I swipe notifications away when I'm busy or its not a priority item so my notification center isn't crowded. Problem is, later I forget about the notification and since the badges clear with the notification, I lose track of my unread messages or notifications from other apps.

Is there a way to change this? Does anybody else share the same struggle or have found a solution? 

Thanks, 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: App Icon Badge Notification Frustration

Hi Drake. Unfortunately, you cannot change this feature.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: App Icon Badge Notification Frustration

Is this feature the same on all current Android phones, just Samsung Phones, or only the note 10 series?

Thank you for the reply,
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: App Icon Badge Notification Frustration

The feature is the same on all current Android phones.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: App Icon Badge Notification Frustration

Thank you for the information