cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

BYOD not working!

Hopefully  I can get some help here! 
I am tmobile user and was using a tmobile s10 phone. Got the phone unlocked and when you insert a verizon sim card the phone changes to look like a verizon phone(byod). 

I recently  bought a note 10+ 5g verizon carrier unlocked and it works with my network. 
I have 2 problems. 
1) BYOD doe not work with this phone. Which then leads to problem  #2.
2) don't have rcs messages from default samsung app. 
There is no turn on button in the menu.  Chat options are completely  missing. 
Anyone know if I can flash the verizon sm-n976v  with the tmobile one sm-n976u? 
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: BYOD not working!

Make sure you're running the correct APN settings.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: BYOD not working!

tried the APN, hd voice, calling, messages and even video calling work direct from the dialer.
I don't mind using Google messages in order to get RCS but I do prefer samsung messages.
The other annoying part is that when I turn on my phone or take it off airplane mode I get the "simcard is not from verizon wireless" notification.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Sounds like the device isn't compatible with CDMA considering T-Mobile is GSM. Doesn't seem like it was carrier unlocked.
Highlighted
Asteroid

the phone does work with T-Mobile fine.
I have calls, video, and messaging.
but I want to use Samsung default app for RCS and not Google messeges.
from the research I have done sm-n976v is not able to be flashed with a different firmware. guess I'll have to sell and get a tmobile sm-976u model.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have the note 10+ and have the standard Samsung messaging not googles... mine is the unlocked version as well. so unsure what exactly you're saying
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for commenting but I guess you are not familiar with BYOD.

BTW, for any else that may see this in the future. After countless hours of researching BYOD does not work on SM-N976v. It will work on SM-N976U though and it is impossible to flash to other firmware.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I actually am familiar with bring your own device. as my phone is an unlocked version sm-n975u1 and I have a b.y.o.d. sim card if in. was the phone unlocked when you purchased it? and where did you buy it from?

most times you have to check with the networks b.y.o.d. program to see if the device is compatible before putting in their sim by inputting the i.m.e.i. if it isn't compatible then another sim won't work correctly. I had this problem with a previous phone. could call and all but some features wouldn't work as it wasn't compatible with their services.