cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Bad camera quality after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, after recent update, the quality of my phone 's camera had deteriorated badly. All the images are coming granular, blurry distorted, especially night shots which was not the case earlier. It is very disappointing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bad camera quality after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Samsung_RQeEAhX,

Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition on your device recently? Let's try that and see if that helps.

Wipe cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I noticed that too. even when switching to video mode everything automatically gets really dark even with lights on

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I yet to receive an official communication from samsung about my problem. The camera quality got really bad after an update. Please reply on priority basis.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_RQeEAhX Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache and data for your camera app? Are you using the stock camera app on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply. I tried this but still having an issue. Yes, I am using stock camera app.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you know if the pictures come out any clearer when your phone is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its been 5 days I shared photos clicked from my phone as requested by moderator. Yet to receive any reply. How many days will it take to atleast get back to me? Not at all happy with the samsung service.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We received the pictures you sent to smsupport, however, we could not see where you were talking about the granular or blurry content as the pictures were basically all black. Have you attempted to run the camera while your phone is in safe mode to see if that makes a difference?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried safe mode also but no improvement. I have sent you 5 pictures. Most of them were captured using night mode. One can clearly see the granules and distortion in images. Also, there is a spot on the photos (visible on the face) while using night mode. Its your flagship phone. Somewhat seriousness towards an issue is expected.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Samsung_RQeEAhX,

Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition on your device recently? Let's try that and see if that helps.

Wipe cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

View solution in original post