Original topic:

Battery life About 9-10 Hrs With Social Media and Video Call Use

(Topic created: 10-14-2019 09:05 AM)
Cino31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi everybody.

I got a note 10 plus last week but the battery lasts about 9 to 10 hours normal usage. About an hours of social media and 1h30 video calls, nothing except that.

Is this normal?

8 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried testing your device in safe mode to exclude any third-party apps that may be causing your battery to drain faster than normal?

This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, etc) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

0 Likes
Cino31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi thank you for responding.

Yes i tried safe mode in one hour the battery dropped 8%

0 Likes
Cino31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have tried factory reset too but the same thing

0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you haven't already, check Settings / Device Care / Battery.  My setting for Powermode is Optimized.  If in Battery,  click the 3 lines top right... I have Adaptive Battery on,  Put Unused Apps to Sleep on, Auto Disable Unused Apps on,  and Optimized Settings on   

Screenshot_20191009-150445_Settings.jpg

After a few days with those settings active, I can go about 25 hours full to empty with nearly 7 hours screen on time and over 4 and a half hours of google play music.  It takes a few days to learn your habits and adjust, but it does learn your patterns and the battery life is pretty good afterwards    

Try that for a few days and if you're getting bad battery life still, might want to go with customer support with where you purchased it or if you have the warranty with samsung still. 

0 Likes
Cino31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have same settings. I think it's hardware problem

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Cino31 If you don't mind providing a screenshot of your battery consumption.

Navigate to your settings > device care > battery.

0 Likes
Cino31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for the images. It appears the apps running in the background is the main issue. Your Facebook and Whatsapp are using a high percentage of your battery. You can use this link to extend the battery time on your phone. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001388/ 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.